Forms in Form

Post by Martin Da Silv » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 01:06:00

I want to put forms into one form, but not using mdi, I wanto to make a
aplication like VB that you can move your windows inside the program!!,
thaks a lot and sorry for my english!

Forms in Form

Post by Mike D Sutto » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 02:14:20

Quote:> I want to put forms into one form, but not using mdi, I wanto to make a
> aplication like VB that you can move your windows inside the program!!,
> thaks a lot and sorry for my english!

Create a MDI Form (Alt+P -> I) then simply set the MDIChild property of the
forms to true.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Forms in Form

Post by Martin Da Silv » Sat, 21 Sep 2002 02:13:03

ok, i'know that using MDI works fine but i want to make forms that can move
inside one "standar" form. thanks

> > I want to put forms into one form, but not using mdi, I wanto to make a
> > aplication like VB that you can move your windows inside the program!!,
> > thaks a lot and sorry for my english!

> Create a MDI Form (Alt+P -> I) then simply set the MDIChild property of
the
> forms to true.
> Hope this helps,

>     Mike

>  -- EDais --

>  - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
> WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Forms in Form

Post by Mike D Sutto » Sat, 21 Sep 2002 02:50:22

Quote:> ok, i'know that using MDI works fine but i want to make forms that can
move
> inside one "standar" form.

I'd strongly recommend against this, there are likely far better solutions
depending on what you're trying to do.  Having said that, you can use the
SetParent() API call to 'hijack' a window but watch out, it sometimes does
* things to VB.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. questions on GL,Inventor,OpenGl and forms and Forms Bug

I just started using the Forms package, and I have so far been very pleased
with its ease-of-use and most of its look-and-feel (except maybe the
menus, actually; you'll decide if you like them.)

You can ftp Forms from glaurung.physics.mcgill.ca.  It is in
/pub/SGI/Forms.

The only problem I've run into is I think I just came across a bug in
the dialog boxes.  Sometimes it gets "stuck" after displaying a
fl_show_message dialog and my main window no long receives user events
or SGI draw commands or input of any kind.  Sometimes, the dialog itself
stays stuck up (or a "shadow" box of it).  When I remove my calls to
"fl_show_message," the program works perfectly.  I was wondering if anyone
else has encountered this problem or one like it?

Good luck!  I would be interested in hearing a summary of the email

Thanks!

Debbie Berman
University of Washington
Computer Science

--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend...
   Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.  (Groucho Marx)

2. STUDENTS: Alias/Wavefront SGI Manuals

3. Forms inside forms

4. Cool killer bunny animations

5. Special form-to-form transitions...possible?

6. UL POV3.0 to alt.binaries.misc

7. Form in Form

8. TeX problem to handle eps files when printing out documents.

9. Closed-Form Form-Factor

10. How do I get the size of form borders and title bar on a form

11. Embedding a form in another form

12. Copy a contro from one form to another Form

13. MDI Form, ZOrder of Componets vrs MDIchild forms