Treeview-StartLabelEdit

Post by Lars Bendixb » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 18:09:27

Hi!

I use a treeview to reflect and let the user manipulate the contents of an
SQL database. The hierarcy consists of three levels, Root-Child-Child. With
a rightclick- event, the user can add, delete and rename the nodes.

When a user has added a new node I want the StartLabelEdit method to start
on this node, so that the new node gets the focus. If the node is a
childnode, of course the tree has to be expanded.

Anyone who knows how to do this??!!

Thanks in advance...
Lars

Treeview-StartLabelEdit

Post by graeme.. » Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:10:33

Quote:>Hi!

>I use a treeview to reflect and let the user manipulate the contents of an
>SQL database. The hierarcy consists of three levels, Root-Child-Child. With
>a rightclick- event, the user can add, delete and rename the nodes.

>When a user has added a new node I want the StartLabelEdit method to start
>on this node, so that the new node gets the focus. If the node is a
>childnode, of course the tree has to be expanded.

>Anyone who knows how to do this??!!

>Thanks in advance...
>Lars

Lars,

I've posted a wrapper class and sample app on PSC that will answer all
of your questions. Goto:-

http://www.planetsourcecode.com/xq/ASP/txtCodeId.27401/lngWId.1/qx/vb...

Hope this helps!

PS: Sorry guys for posting this here!

1. Advanced TreeView algorithm needed ..

Hi all,
  Looking for an algorithm to intelligently display a modified
TreeView that allows nodes to have 0 or more child nodes AND 1 or more
parent nodes (except root node(s) which dont have a parent).

  I am developing an application that has such a model and need an
algorithm to display such a model to the user.  It becomes complicated
when a node has two parents which are of different depths in the tree

Simple example ..

+---A---B---C
|       |
|       +---D-+-E
|             |
+---F---------+

Here B has two children C & D, and E has two parents D & F.

Any thoughts, pointers, links etc welcome ..

Thanks

Steve Fillingham

2. armor

3. Algorthim for graphical displaying a TreeView

4. How do I create a rectangle button with round ends?

5. heirarchical objects using Treeview?

6. PLE: If you have a Mac

7. TreeView DragDrop images the righ way..

8. Treeview

9. HOW TO: ListView & TreeView Bitmaps WITHOUT ImageList

10. Treeview & icontrouble

11. Colortrouble in treeview

12. HOW DO I: Make an image flash in a treeview