How to refresh/repaint a MDI form in VB

Post by Rupesh Koka » Sun, 30 Jun 2002 21:30:18

I was trying to refresh a MDI form, but there is no refresh method for MDI form as we have for normal controls and forms.

How do I refresh the MDI form so that it repaints its frame automatically.

Secondly if I draw a line, circles on the screen dc [ GetDC(0) gives the handle to the device context of the screen ], how do I clear the rendered lines, circles and others.

Thank you in advance,

Rupesh Kokal.

How to refresh/repaint a MDI form in VB

Post by slugg » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 09:10:24

Quote:

>Secondly if I draw a line, circles on the screen dc [ GetDC(0) gives the handle to the device context of the screen ], how do I clear the rendered lines, circles and others.

The GDI guys may well correct me here, but it should be as simple as keeping a copy of the old DC,
then reinstantiating it when you have finished with the altered one.

sluggy

1. MDI Form Bitmap Not Repainting

I have an MDI form that uses a 256-color bitmap to fill the client area.
The problem is that if another application is activated, the palette
changes.  When my VB application is re-activated, the palette is not
refreshed.  This causes my bitmap to look very bad.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem??

Thanks,
Jim F.
Lockheed Martin

2. LIGHTWAVE 5.0 for DEC ALPHAWITH BOOKS VIDEOS And cds

3. Prveenting repaint in MDI form

4. texture limited to one pixel ??

5. MDI Form, ZOrder of Componets vrs MDIchild forms

6. retained mode

7. Repaint events, refreshing controls -- anything changed in BCB6 ??

8. Window Refresh/Repaint Writing Persistant Graphics

9. Prevent Control Refresh/Repaint

10. VB - Live Video on VB form

11. How refresh MDI Background