How play an animated gif file in VB6

Post by SERGIO NASS » Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:00:00

How i can play a gif animated in a form of vb6 only using standard control.

Thanks
--

>--------------------------------
> Sergio Nasso

>--------------------------------

How play an animated gif file in VB6

Post by Steve Butle » Mon, 19 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Sergio,

You cannot do it with the standard controls.

I have, however got a FREE control on my site that lets you do this ....

Pop on over to http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/sbutler/vb/

Regards,

Steve

>How i can play a gif animated in a form of vb6 only using standard control.

>Thanks
>--
>>--------------------------------
>> Sergio Nasso

>>--------------------------------

How play an animated gif file in VB6

Post by John E. Cart » Mon, 19 Jul 1999 04:00:00

You can't. Not only that, but you need to be licensed to distribute gif's in
a VB application.  :-(

> How i can play a gif animated in a form of vb6 only using standard
control.

> Thanks
> --
> >--------------------------------
> > Sergio Nasso

> >--------------------------------

How play an animated gif file in VB6

Post by Rick Blacke » Wed, 28 Jul 1999 04:00:00

You can drop an web browser control onto your form.  And progamatically do
it. It is cheezy and lame but it works here is how I made it work.

MyBrowser.Navigate( "c:\somepic.gif" )

But what happens is that you get a white background behind  your animated
gif and you get scroll bars.  Looks * depending on what you are trying
to do.  But it will animate that little giffy for you.

--Rick

1. Playing Animated GIF File with Pure GDI+

I wonder if anyone can give me some examples showing how to play animated
GIF file in VB using pure GDI+. This is very hard for me that I don't know
how to translate the C-style declarations to VB even though I have already
studied the documentations from MSDN. I have seen some examples like the
"Use GDI+ ( aka GDIPlus ) with VB6!"
http://www.planetsourcecode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=375...
Id=1 but this is just a graphic coding example, not the one I concern.
Thanks for yours helping

2. TImagelist: transparant draw on WinNT?

3. Animated Gif in VB6.0

4. 320x240 vout window?

5. Playing an animated gif + .wav sound

6. Electro-Luber

7. HOW TO PLAY AN ANIMATED GIF in VB5?

8. What's the best 35mm film for scanning?

9. How to play an animated Gif!

10. Gif.gIf.giF - Animated GIF Screen Capturing

11. Animated gifs in a Vb6 windows app