capturing picture box with controls

Post by Andre » Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi!
Can anyone tell me how I can capture a picture box, along with all of its
controls, to a memory image that can then be transferred to another picture
box?

Post by Mike Berr » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>Hi!
>Can anyone tell me how I can capture a picture box, along with all of its
>controls, to a memory image that can then be transferred to another picture
>box?

  I've been working on this for a while.  The easiest way is to capture a
screen image.  This has two problems; the entire picture box must be
visible, and the capture will be limited to the color resolution (pixel
depth) of the desktop.

  PrintForm essentially does what I want, except to the printer.  It'd be
nice if there was a similar function to copy it to another picture box.  I
wonder if PrintForm is limited to the desktop color resolution?

  ---Mike

capturing picture box with controls

Post by Andre » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I think I found the solution at:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q161/2/99.asp
... you may want to check that out!

capturing picture box with controls

Post by Mike Berr » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>I think I found the solution at:
>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q161/2/99.asp
>... you may want to check that out!

  A quick perusal of the incredibly lengthy (grin) code shows:

' Get screen properties.
' If the screen has a palette make a copy and realize it.

  It looks to me like it uses the desktop device context, which means on a
256-color desktop the resultant bitmap will also be 256 colors, which is
true of all the capture programs and OCX's I've seen.  I'd guess the
PrintForm function has the same limitation (although that's usually not a
problem on most printers.)

  ---Mike
  Mass Media Inc.

1. Resource limits for picture box controls

I ran into this problem a while back and discovered that the height of the
PictureBox was an integer (32767) in pixels. I don't know if this has
changed.

Rocky

Hello - where to look for help

I am programming in visual basic V5 and attempting to add graphics to a
picture
box.
I am using the usual technique of scrolling one picturebox control inside
another.
The main picture box scrolls and grows in height as more grahics are added
with
autoredraw=true.

There will obviously be a limit to the picbox height and graphics any system
can
accomodate, yet no errors of any type are detected during the expansion.

No API erors, no dll.Error etc.

The picture box reaches a maximum size and not all the graphics have been
added.

How is it possible to determine the maximum height of a picture box, or more
importantly, detect when no more graphics can be added; which occurs before
the
max picbox height is reached.

All contributions greatfully accepted etc....

2. Sorry all, test post

3. Printing Image of all controls in picture box to 2nd picturebox

4. Showing a large image, Scaled to the HScrollBar

5. Problem displaying *.wmf files in VB picture box controls

6. 3D software - any suggestions? (long post)

7. Picture box control

8. uncertainty principle is untenable !!!

9. Repost: Copy Capture Frame to Picture Box???

10. sending the output of a Timer control to a edit box control

11. Control instance image/picture control.

12. Control new image/picture control

13. deleting tubes from control box.