Need suggestions to play AVI without using msdxm.ocx

Need suggestions to play AVI without using msdxm.ocx

Post by Debbie Hudo » Thu, 15 May 2003 21:12:34

Hi
Could someone suggest an alternative way of playing an .AVI (about 20
seconds, no sound) using VB on XP instead of using windows media player
msdxm.ocx
Thanks
Deb

Need suggestions to play AVI without using msdxm.ocx

Post by Mike D Sutto » Thu, 15 May 2003 21:54:29

Quote:> Could someone suggest an alternative way of playing an .AVI (about 20
> seconds, no sound) using VB on XP instead of using windows media player
> msdxm.ocx

You could use the MCI functions, there's plenty of explanation of those on
Google.  Alternatively have a look at the AVIFile API calls - For a good
resource on these, head over to Http://www.ShrinkWrapVB.com/
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://www20.brinkster.com/EDais/

Need suggestions to play AVI without using msdxm.ocx

Post by Jim Bon » Thu, 15 May 2003 22:17:12

On Wed, 14 May 2003 08:12:34 -0400, "Debbie Hudon"

I don't know if this helps, but I use Multimedia Player Control 6.0 It
uses MCI32.ocx, dunno if that is part of the IE or DirextX (msdxm.ocx)
package or is native to VB.

Quote:>Hi
>Could someone suggest an alternative way of playing an .AVI (about 20
>seconds, no sound) using VB on XP instead of using windows media player
>msdxm.ocx
>Thanks
>Deb

Need suggestions to play AVI without using msdxm.ocx

Post by Debbie Hudo » Fri, 16 May 2003 06:53:10

Mike & Jim thank-you

I am enjoying some of the neat stuff at Http://www.ShrinkWrapVB.com/ and
will probably
try an approach there.

Deb

1. AVI playing files, using API, (not *.OCX)

Hi,

    Thank you for your interest.

    I need to play an *.avi file on a form
    which will loop untill the user stops it,
    by clicking on a form.

    I don't wont to use any of the *.ocx files
    and controls that VB provides.

    Again,
    Thank You

Sincerly,

Vildan Hasanbegovic
Nebulasoft

2. - mpeg, avi editors

3. msdxm.ocx??

4. ps 5 plug in ... help me please !

5. msdxm.ocx error while installing HELP?

6. Classes

7. Play AVI without sound

8. wmf file can not display right

9. playing sounds without using MCI

10. Q: Playing .avi-files using mmsystem.dll

11. Playing AVI-files using MediaPlayer and ActiveMovie

12. Q: Playing .avi-files using mmsystem.dll

13. using an avi as sprite without flicker?