COREL 7 FOUNTAIN FILL WON'T PROPERLY SEPARATE IN PAGEMAKER 6.5

COREL 7 FOUNTAIN FILL WON'T PROPERLY SEPARATE IN PAGEMAKER 6.5

Post by repor.. » Sat, 05 Apr 1997 04:00:00

It's weird.  I export a simple COREL DRAW 7 drawing of a light bulb with
a radial fountain fill as an .eps file.  I then "place" the .eps in
PAGEMAKER 6.5.  Next, I try to print the color separations.  The damned
fountain fill doesn't show up!  Why not???  When I export from DRAW 7,
I'm exporting the Pantone color 601CV.  The drawing has a "uniform"
Pantone 601CV fill OUTSIDE the bulb in the shape of a light ray, which
separates correctly from PAGEMAKER 6.5.  But,
the "fountain" fill of the same Pantone color (601CV to white) INSIDE
the
bulb drawing does not separate out on the Pantone 601CV color separation
sheet.  Why not???  It separates correctly when I print directly from
COREL DRAW 7.  I just don't understand.