How can I edit a file made with Adobe InDesign 1.5 tryout, in other program?

Post by tukuri.. » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

How can I edit a file made with Adobe InDesign
1.5 tryout in other program? I exported as PDF
but there is a message under the texts that
says In Design 1.5 and I couldnt export the
file to Corel Draw 9.0 to edit it...please help
me...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Ole Nielsb » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> How can I edit a file made with Adobe InDesign
> 1.5 tryout in other program? I exported as PDF
> but there is a message under the texts that
> says "In Design 1.5" and I couldnt export the
> file to Corel Draw 9.0 to edit it...please help
> me...

The following are just suggestions, I haven't tried and
they might work or might not work.

You could producing an EPS file by printing to a
postscript printer and print-to-file, and try to import
that into CorelDraw.

You could try to place the PDF file in Pagemaker if
you've got that.

ON

How can I edit a file made with Adobe InDesign 1.5 tryout, in other program?

Post by Warren Tr » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>How can I edit a file made with Adobe InDesign
>1.5 tryout in other program? I exported as PDF
>but there is a message under the texts that
>says In Design 1.5 and I couldnt export the
>file to Corel Draw 9.0 to edit it...please help
>me...

***
I think you're out of luck... the Tryout is just that...
A TRYOUT!  It's not for actual productive use.

As a last resort, you could try printing a PS file to disk and see if Acrobat
Distiller will handle it, or print as an EPS and maybe you can open that up in
Corel.

-Warren

Warren Tryk Design
Tumwater, Washington, USA