PM 6.5 Plus Template Fonts

PM 6.5 Plus Template Fonts

Post by Ariel Dia » Thu, 04 Nov 1999 04:00:00



I just bought PM6.5 plus for Windows and I need to install the template
fonts but since I'm not using NT I can't use the ATM Lite that comes with it
to install the fonts.  Is there an alternate way of installing these fonts
when using W98?  Thanks a lot.

--
Ariel Daz

ICQ:  15196746

 
 
 

PM 6.5 Plus Template Fonts

Post by LT » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00



> I just bought PM6.5 plus for Windows and I need to install the template
> fonts but since I'm not using NT I can't use the ATM Lite that comes with it
> to install the fonts.  Is there an alternate way of installing these fonts
> when using W98?  Thanks a lot.

> --
> Ariel Daz

> ICQ:  15196746

Full version of PM6.5 plus should have included ATM 4.0
which will do font import.

LT

 
 
 

PM 6.5 Plus Template Fonts

Post by Ariel Dia » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00


I does but it is only compatible with Win NT, not W98.
Quote:> Full version of PM6.5 plus should have included ATM 4.0
> which will do font import.

 
 
 

PM 6.5 Plus Template Fonts

Post by LT » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00



> I does but it is only compatible with Win NT, not W98.

> > Full version of PM6.5 plus should have included ATM 4.0
> > which will do font import.

Works fine on my W98 Box

LT

 
 
 

PM 6.5 Plus Template Fonts

Post by Gordon Woo » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00


On Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:41:24 -0500, "Ariel Diaz"


>I just bought PM6.5 plus for Windows and I need to install the template
>fonts but since I'm not using NT I can't use the ATM Lite that comes with it
>to install the fonts.  Is there an alternate way of installing these fonts
>when using W98?  Thanks a lot.

Look up fonts, adding, in WinNT's Help file.

Would you believe that you just drag Adobe Type 1 font files to the
fonts folder? It's true. NT creates a version to show on screen and
sends the postscript font to a ps printer. But you will still find it
worth buying the special NT version of ATM DeLuxe.

To LT: the font system in NT is different to Win98, so versions of ATM
for Win95 and Win98, don't work with WinNT.

Gordon Woolf, The Worsley Press, Hastings, Vic., Australia
--- Book publishers and sub-contract newspaper page production ---
Our books (and PageMaker hints): www.worsleypress.com
Our Format newsletter: www.worsleypress.com/format.htm
(for those who produce newspapers, magazines, newsletters)

 
 
 

PM 6.5 Plus Template Fonts

Post by LT » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00



> On Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:41:24 -0500, "Ariel Diaz"

> >I just bought PM6.5 plus for Windows and I need to install the template
> >fonts but since I'm not using NT I can't use the ATM Lite that comes with it
> >to install the fonts.  Is there an alternate way of installing these fonts
> >when using W98?  Thanks a lot.

> Look up fonts, adding, in WinNT's Help file.

> Would you believe that you just drag Adobe Type 1 font files to the
> fonts folder? It's true. NT creates a version to show on screen and
> sends the postscript font to a ps printer. But you will still find it
> worth buying the special NT version of ATM DeLuxe.

> To LT: the font system in NT is different to Win98, so versions of ATM
> for Win95 and Win98, don't work with WinNT.

> Gordon Woolf, The Worsley Press, Hastings, Vic., Australia
> --- Book publishers and sub-contract newspaper page production ---
> Our books (and PageMaker hints): www.worsleypress.com
> Our Format newsletter: www.worsleypress.com/format.htm
> (for those who produce newspapers, magazines, newsletters)

Hey Ariel and Gordon,

I know W95/98 uses a different ATM than NT.  In Ariel's
original post, he says he has W98 not NT.

Here is probably why there is some confusion on this
install:

When you do the install for PM Plus from the CD, there is an
option listed on the first menu screen to install PM,
various other bundled applications (PhotoShop Lite, PS
Driver etc.) and a separate option for installing ATM4.0
Lite, which is indicated for the NT system.  There is no
option listed for ATM for the W95/98 OS.  But, when you run
the install for the PM program, it does automatically add
the proper W95/98 ATM.  I think the confusion is that the
W95/98 ATM is not listed as an option on the first screen of
the installer.

Anyway, the proper ATM is available on the CD. It's version
4.0 on my w98 system.

BTW, wasn't being sarcastic in the last post, just a short
answer.

Take care!

LT

Any

 
 
 

PM 6.5 Plus Template Fonts

Post by Gordon Woo » Mon, 08 Nov 1999 04:00:00




Quote:>I know W95/98 uses a different ATM than NT.  In Ariel's
>original post, he says he has W98 not NT.

My apologies -- I'm still finding it hard to believe that I didn't see
the "not" in front of NT in the original post.

Gordon Woolf, The Worsley Press, Hastings, Vic., Australia
--- Book publishers and sub-contract newspaper page production ---
Our books (and PageMaker hints): www.worsleypress.com
Our Format newsletter: www.worsleypress.com/format.htm
(for those who produce newspapers, magazines, newsletters)

 
 
 

1. Corporate ATM font has enlarge the file size of Pm 6.5 template

Hi,

I am currently carrying out some corporate design work for a customer
who has supplied their own ATM fonts. I have carried out work for them
before but they used to use Helvetica fonts.

So all that I have done is edited the PM 6.5 template to use the new
ATM fonts instead of Helvetica.

The result of this is that the file size of the subsequent work has
quadrupled. Why is this?

My machine set up is a follows:

Win 98se
PM 6.5
Adobe type manager deluxe v 4.0

2. Outputting broadcast quality to tape

3. Templates for diplomas (PM 6.5)

4. !!!!!!! KINETIX- FIX BOOLEANS IN MAX 1.0 !!!!!!!!

5. Multi-Page Template of Text Frames. PM 6.5

6. Help: How to scan negatives with a flatbedscanner?

7. PM 6.0/6.5 Template Needed

8. exabyte 170mtr ame tapes

9. Where are PM 6.5 Calendar Templates?

10. PM 6.5 Biz Card Template Script doesn't work

11. REQ: PM 6.5 Templates

12. .PDF files look and print bad when placed in PM 6.5 Plus

13. PM 6.5 Plus (Mac) and exporting to PDF