Printing to non-postscript printer

Post by Not so quic » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:05:29

I was able to print to my Epson 3000 from
Mac Pagemaker and I'm able to print from
Windows Photoshop but not Windows
Pagemaker. Adobe told me that it was an
issue about not using the files from the disk
or something like that. Any help?

Oh yeah. One guy said to use Distiller.

Printing to non-postscript printer

Post by Mazla » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:01:24

From PDF, it seems that you can print to almost anything.

Especially Acrobat 6.

| I was able to print to my Epson 3000 from
| Mac Pagemaker and I'm able to print from
| Windows Photoshop but not Windows
| Pagemaker. Adobe told me that it was an
| issue about not using the files from the disk
| or something like that. Any help?
|
| Oh yeah. One guy said to use Distiller.

Printing to non-postscript printer

Post by Gordon Wool » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 09:51:18

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 00:05:29 -0700, "Not so quick"

>Adobe told me that it was an
>issue about not using the files from the disk
>or something like that. Any help?

>Oh yeah. One guy said to use Distiller.

It's probably the "or something like that" which matters.

PM should be able to print to any printer which Windows recognises.

Quality is a different issue, but physically getting something on
paper should not be a problem.

Is the printer showing up in the print dialog?

If so, what error messages do you get when you try to print?

--
Gordon Woolf
The Worsley Press <www.worsleypress.com>

Printing to non-postscript printer

Post by Not so quic » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:03:30

Sorry for the unclear post. It's the
quality that's the problem. The pics
look low resolution.

> On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 00:05:29 -0700, "Not so quick"

> >Adobe told me that it was an
> >issue about not using the files from the disk
> >or something like that. Any help?

> >Oh yeah. One guy said to use Distiller.

> It's probably the "or something like that" which matters.

> PM should be able to print to any printer which Windows recognises.

> Quality is a different issue, but physically getting something on
> paper should not be a problem.

> Is the printer showing up in the print dialog?

> If so, what error messages do you get when you try to print?

> --
> Gordon Woolf
> The Worsley Press <www.worsleypress.com>
> Publishers of "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter"

Printing to non-postscript printer

Post by Mazla » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:08:40

From Mac to Windows?

Perhaps the link (the original pic file) was missing when you transfer that
PageMaker document.

| Sorry for the unclear post. It's the
| quality that's the problem. The pics
| look low resolution.

Printing to non-postscript printer

Post by Lyn Egglest » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:45:59

Quote:> Sorry for the unclear post. It's the
> quality that's the problem. The pics
> look low resolution.

What format are the pics? Bet they are EPS - which will not print to a
non-postscript printer. All you will get are the low rez previews. You
have two choices, both of which involve going back to Photoshop: (1)
resave the pics as TIFs or (2) when you save as an EPS, make sure you
click high rez preview. The first method is better.

Printing to non-postscript printer

Post by Not so quic » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:33:08

I always used tiffs.

Quote:> > Sorry for the unclear post. It's the
> > quality that's the problem. The pics
> > look low resolution.

> What format are the pics? Bet they are EPS - which will not print to a
> non-postscript printer. All you will get are the low rez previews. You
> have two choices, both of which involve going back to Photoshop: (1)
> resave the pics as TIFs or (2) when you save as an EPS, make sure you
> click high rez preview. The first method is better.

1. ISO: Printing postscript files on Non Postscript printers?

I'm In Search of a utility which will allow me to print Postscript files
on non postscript printers.  I've heard of TSCRIPT and Freedom of the
Press.  Does anyone have experience with those utilities?
According to Mac Connection, they've both been discontinued
(I'm still waiting to hear from Teletypsetting and ColorAge to see if that's
true).  I'm mostly interested in printing Illustrator files on bubblejet
B/w printers.
Thanks
--

       U. S. C.  School of Cinema-Television

2. Problems with DKB Trace 2.11

3. Answers: Printing Postscript on a non-PS printer

4. FAST way to determine whether a point is in a circle???

5. Q: Quark printing on non-postscript printers

6. Screen flickering problem

7. Postscript Driver for Non-Postscript "Printer"?

8. Image Mapping in POV - Please advise

9. Postscipt / non postscript Laser Printer Problem

10. using custom color profiles with PM 6.5 and non-postscript printer

11. Reversed text on a non-postscript printer in PM6.52

12. Non-Postscript Printer Problem

13. RIPs, InDesign & non-postscript printers