complementary italics

Post by Gallaghe » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 00:50:53

Thanks, folks for the clarification.

Typographically, I'm a neophyte, so excuse me if my terminology is
incorrect...

The reason I asked about the "family of fonts" is that even though I have
Arial Bold, Arial Italic, etc. on my machine, when I send the finished file
to my printer, he is unhappy with the bold, italics, etc. So this is an RIP
issue?

When I convert my PageMaker file into Postscript, is there a Distiller
setting I should tweak to avoid these problems? I do not just use the Export
feature to create pdf's.

1. True complementary italics

So, am I right in that even if I have "Arial Italic" font (for example) in
my Fonts folder, when I italicize using "I" from the Control Palette, it is
not really italic?

So...if "Arial Italic" is in my Fonts folder, why doesn't it show up on my
Font menus?

What about if I am defining a style (which I am about to use in a 125 page
document)?

Thanks!

2. Alias sketch *ANY* info ?!

3. Problem with StretchDraw, please help

4. How do I find a complementary color

5. generally, it dyes a code too solid near her healthy station

6. convert to complementary colors?

7. Tutorials

8. complementary colors, how to derive?

9. Harlow Solid Italic Font

10. Text tools keeps adding italics

11. Anyone else having italics problems?

12. PSP 6.0 Bold/italic text