Problem creating PDF with Asian fonts

Post by Jean-Francois Pelletie » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:55:35

Hi,

I'm trying to do someting quite simple but it fails. I have a PageMaker
7.0 page that has Thai text in it (using TrueType font AngsanaUPC) and
when I look at it in PageMaker it's very good. I can print on paper and
the result is perfect.

However, when I try to create a PDF out of it, it looks like the Thai
fonts are not sent to the PDF so as a result I see only garbage
characters in my PDF.

 From the print menu in PageMaker, I select Acrobat Distiller as my
printer, select to download fonts (PostScript and True Type), write
PostScript to file, and check "Normal". Then I get a PostScript file
that I convert to PDF using Distiller 5.0, and I also select in the Job
Options -> Fonts to embed All Fonts and Cancel Job when embed fails. The
PDF is created, with garbage characters only, and in the PDF Document
Properties -> Fonts I can see that my AngsanaUPC Original Font has
Embeded Subset as Actual Font.

Any help would be very, very appreciated! :-)

Many thanks in advance,

Jean-Francois

1. Problem creating PDF file with hyperlinks on Mac

Hi,

I am using a mac g3 with system 9.0.4, MS Word 2001, and Adobe Acrobat 5.
I can't get hyperlinks that were created in the word document to behave
like hyperlinks once the ps file is created and its run through Distiller.
I try the Webcapture option, and it says that there are no hyperlinks in
the document. Now, if I save the word document as a webpage, and then do
Open as PDF in Acrobat, the same hyperlinks work properly.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Susan

--

2. Large Bmps

3. saving as PDF and getting font problems

4. Help with Bones Hierarchy

5. Banding problem with gradient fills when creating PDF

6. F/S Trispectives Pro 1.0

7. Problem creating a Press PDF

8. Pagemaker to PDF -- Font Problem

9. Problem creating PDF from PM6.5

10. PDF Writer -- Fonts Problem

11. Win 95 Pagemaker 6.0 PDF file create problem...