Help needed converting PM 6.5 libary to PM 7

Help needed converting PM 6.5 libary to PM 7

Post by Tommyim » Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:37:17

I have a spanking new copy of PM 7, but need access to a library saved in PM
6.5.

According to Adobe, I need to transfer the library's content into a PM 6.5
document and then open it in 7. Which I can't do, of course.

If I sent someone the library file, could someone help me out?

Many thanks

Tom
(tommyimac(at)aol.com

Help needed converting PM 6.5 libary to PM 7

Post by Peggy » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 06:17:17

Tom --

Why can't you open it in 7.0? All you have to do is choose "all files" in
the Open dialog box. PM 7.0 has never failed to open any 6.5 file on my
system, whether Win98SE, Win2000 of WinXP.

HTH --

--
Peggy Coquet
PC Desktop Design

Quote:> I have a spanking new copy of PM 7, but need access to a library saved in
PM
> 6.5.

> According to Adobe, I need to transfer the library's content into a PM 6.5
> document and then open it in 7. Which I can't do, of course.

> If I sent someone the library file, could someone help me out?

> Many thanks

> Tom
> (tommyimac(at)aol.com

Help needed converting PM 6.5 libary to PM 7

Post by Mike Kell » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:57:26

As Peggy said the PC version will open PM6.5 libraries, no problem.

The Mac version of PM7 will not open Mac 6.5 libraries.

I think the PM7 manual has instructions for converting the Mac libraries.

Best wishes
Mike

Help needed converting PM 6.5 libary to PM 7

Post by Tommyim » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 04:52:43

Quote:> As Peggy said the PC version will open PM6.5
> libraries, no problem.

Thanks for your help -

Is that really the case? I can't certainly can't open the library in PM7
directly and Adobe's help forums seem to indicate that I have to transfer items
in the library to a document before I can transfer them. It isn't a corrupt
library either, because I downloaded PM 6.5 trial and opened the library fine
in that. So I know it's there - just can't get to it!
Should have mentioned that all this is on the PC incidentally. I use Quark on
the Mac

Any further help much appreciated ...

Tom

1. converting from win pm 3.1 to mac pm 6.5

i know the manual says i first have to convert the 3.1 in version to 6.5
win. but i don't have a pc, so is there any other way i can use all my old
pm 3.1 files in a new mac running 6.5. i don't watch this group, so please
answer by email. any help is much appreciated.

                 regards,
                            Jim Nollman

2. Oblique slice generation algorithm

3. PM 6.5: Import of Word for Windows tables into PM 6.5

4. LCD Filter?

5. Open PM 6.5 docs in PM 6.01?

6. Global Illumination Compendium

7. PM 3.02/Mac to PM 6.5/PC

8. Urgently Need Help w/ Setting Up Publication in PM 6.5

9. PM 6.5 and HP1000 ...need help!

10. Converting PM 6.0 >>> 6.5

11. Problem converting PM 5 library to 6.5

12. PM 6.0/6.5 Template Needed