Help! Build Booklet problem no one can solve

Help! Build Booklet problem no one can solve

Post by Dav » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Help!!! I've been having the problem below for several months. I've
posted the message below, but only got a few suggestions on things to
try, and none worked. If any PageMaker experts have any solutions, I'd
really be appreciative!! This has been happening for months and it's
very frustrating!!

Thanks!!

-----------------

For several months now I've been having problems on a variety of
PageMaker 6.5 (Windows) files, where the build booklet plug in
transposes things so they're slightly off. The entire contents of a
page for instance might be 4 or 5 millimeters to high, or a couple
millimeters to the left of where they should be. This problem isn't
consistent on all the pages. For instance, on a 2 page printer's
spread, the contents of the left page may be too high, but the right
page will be OK.

I've installed all the patches to PageMaker and that plug-in in
particular. When I use master items on a page, such as page numbers,
it may place them correctly, but then the contents of the page are
placed a bit too far to the left, for instance. However, it doesn't
seem to be associated with master items, because I have a publication
now that has no master items, and it still incorrectly imposed the
entire contents of one page.

I've also "ungrouped" all graphics, as someone suggested, and I made
sure there was no text blocks extending across both pages of the
two-page spread on the master pages.

If anyone has insight on how to correct this problem, it would be most
appreciated. I've been using PageMaker on this computer for years, but
only the last few months have I had these problems.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!!

Note: When replying to this message, please delete the word "DELETE" from my email address. This is a spam guard.

Post by John Evan » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> For several months now I've been having problems on a variety of
> PageMaker 6.5 (Windows) files, where the build booklet plug in
> transposes things so they're slightly off.

You could try switching off booklet mode and getting a copy of ClickBook
from Blue Squirrel.  This will turn (for example) a simplex A4 consecutive
page document into an A5 duplex booklet - doing all the scaling and page
arranging at print time. A demo copy is free! and a full copy is not
expensive  Have not tried it with Pagemaker however.

I do a similar piece of software for the ACORN now RISCOS market in the UK
and have had similar problems (now solved) when moving up to more
sophisticated drivers on HP PCL printers. It may be that your plug-in needs
upgrading to match your current printer driver.

--

1. Help! Build Booklet problem

[...]

2. Filter disapearance in 5.5

3. Help! Build booklet problem