Loaded Question...Pagemaker V.S. Quark?

Post by cp » Sun, 30 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi...

I realize this is a loaded question....BUT, I would like to know what
advantages/if any Quark has over Pagemaker (or vice versa)...

I am a Win' 95 Pentium user who used Photoshop alot....I am thinking that
to stay with the Adobe Pagemaker would enhance the"suite" , BUT everyone I
talk to says that Quark is still what the "industry" is using, even though
the 2 programs are virtually identical by now...

Any help appreciated...
--

Post by Anthony J Hilt » Fri, 05 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Hi...

> I realize this is a loaded question....BUT, I would like to know what
> advantages/if any Quark has over Pagemaker (or vice versa)...

> I am a Win' 95 Pentium user who used Photoshop alot....I am thinking that
> to stay with the Adobe Pagemaker would enhance the"suite" , BUT everyone I
> talk to says that Quark is still what the "industry" is using, even though
> the 2 programs are virtually identical by now...

> Any help appreciated...
> --

Which part of the "industry" are you in? Is it the same part that
*everyone* is using Quark?

Get the answers about facilities on offer in each and decide what _you_
need, not what anyone else uses.

Loaded Question...Pagemaker V.S. Quark?

Post by David Grossman Desig » Sun, 07 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I have to use both Pagemaker and Quark working as a Graphic Designer.
If I had to pick one or the other I'd choose Pagemaker.

Pagemaker's main plusses are it's very user-friendly (Quark has a high
learning curve), it has much better style sheets, rules and master
pages (version 6.0), and it works better with Illustrator and
Photoshop. It also has a better "command palette" for aligning items
on the page.

Quarks' main plusses are text can be justified in each text box (top
of text box, centered, bottom of text box), it also handles "continued
from" and "continued to" lines better (at top and bottom of newspaper
articles).

Pagemaker has a lot of built in "additions" that Quark doesn't
include: Build Booklet, Numbering and Bullets, Sort Pages.

I hope this helps you out. Good luck in your decision.

David Grossman
David Grossman Design