Weird font subst/Save for Service Provider - Adobe stumped

Weird font subst/Save for Service Provider - Adobe stumped

Post by Patricia Powe » Sun, 06 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I have just used the plug-in for the first time, pretty green at both
prepress and the depths of PM65 Win95. My 1 page layout used 4
TTfonts, all various poor Optima types & 1 Garamond. We have no PS
capabilities/fonts.

I tried both this and save for printer plug-in, and the printer
prefers NOT to get a PS file, so I used the simpler, gather all fonts
& links approach. I did the preflight, and substituted one missing
font by replacing on the page itself, then preflight said all fonts
were loaded & OK. I checked the "include fonts" whatsis, and saved the
file. All seemed fine, but on examining the contents of the "fonts"
folder included in that file, I saw 1 of the Optima type TTFs, and
only one other...a "Times(something)" font in bold, italic, etc.

PM tech support folks don't know why, and suggested downloading the
patch for this plug-in, suspecting it might address this, but I
checked it out, and it doesn't.  In order to supply the fonts I tried
copying them from Windows/fonts to the folder manually. I emailed it
off & don't know yet if it went OK.

Anyone have a clue? This file prints fine on my Laserjet, and gives no
font error messages or substitution messages.

Quote:}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post by Jane Krate Dud » Tue, 08 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> I have just used the plug-in for the first time, pretty green at both
> prepress and the depths of PM65 Win95. My 1 page layout used 4
> TTfonts, all various poor Optima types & 1 Garamond. We have no PS
> capabilities/fonts.

> I tried both this and save for printer plug-in, and the printer
> prefers NOT to get a PS file, so I used the simpler, gather all fonts
> & links approach. I did the preflight, and substituted one missing
> font by replacing on the page itself, then preflight said all fonts
> were loaded & OK. I checked the "include fonts" whatsis, and saved the
> file. All seemed fine, but on examining the contents of the "fonts"
> folder included in that file, I saw 1 of the Optima type TTFs, and
> only one other...a "Times(something)" font in bold, italic, etc.

> PM tech support folks don't know why, and suggested downloading the
> patch for this plug-in, suspecting it might address this, but I
> checked it out, and it doesn't.  In order to supply the fonts I tried
> copying them from Windows/fonts to the folder manually. I emailed it
> off & don't know yet if it went OK.

> Anyone have a clue? This file prints fine on my Laserjet, and gives no
> font error messages or substitution messages.

> }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Patricia,

I ahve had similar problems...sort of. The font collection does not
always include fonts that I know are in my document (though it also
doesn't add fonts I didn't have!). Copying them from my system dirctly
to the fonts folder and sending them to the service bureau works just
fine. Don't worry. I do it all the time. Just remember to include all
instances (bold, ital., bold-ital, etc. that are in your document.
HTH
Jane

Weird font subst/Save for Service Provider - Adobe stumped

Post by coste.. » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I have just used the plug-in for the first time, pretty green at both
>prepress and the depths of PM65 Win95. My 1 page layout used 4
>TTfonts, all various poor Optima types & 1 Garamond. We have no PS
>capabilities/fonts.

>I tried both this and save for printer plug-in, and the printer
>prefers NOT to get a PS file, so I used the simpler, gather all fonts
>& links approach. I did the preflight, and substituted one missing
>font by replacing on the page itself, then preflight said all fonts
>were loaded & OK. I checked the "include fonts" whatsis, and saved the
>file. All seemed fine, but on examining the contents of the "fonts"
>folder included in that file, I saw 1 of the Optima type TTFs, and
>only one other...a "Times(something)" font in bold, italic, etc.

I've never used that plug-in but Adobe tech support's capabilities
with fonts is sometimes weak.

How about this as an idea. Does the printer that you've set up your
file for have a ppd file? If so, this tells PM which fonts are
resident in the printer and therefore do not have to be downloaded (or
saved to disk). Right?

Just a thought.

J. Costello

Post by Kym ap Rhy » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> > I have just used the plug-in for the first time, pretty green at both
> > prepress and the depths of PM65 Win95. My 1 page layout used 4
> > TTfonts, all various poor Optima types & 1 Garamond. We have no PS
> > capabilities/fonts.

> > I tried both this and save for printer plug-in, and the printer
> > prefers NOT to get a PS file, so I used the simpler, gather all fonts
> > & links approach. I did the preflight, and substituted one missing
> > font by replacing on the page itself, then preflight said all fonts
> > were loaded & OK. I checked the "include fonts" whatsis, and saved the
> > file. All seemed fine, but on examining the contents of the "fonts"
> > folder included in that file, I saw 1 of the Optima type TTFs, and
> > only one other...a "Times(something)" font in bold, italic, etc.

> > PM tech support folks don't know why, and suggested downloading the
> > patch for this plug-in, suspecting it might address this, but I
> > checked it out, and it doesn't.  In order to supply the fonts I tried
> > copying them from Windows/fonts to the folder manually. I emailed it
> > off & don't know yet if it went OK.

> > Anyone have a clue? This file prints fine on my Laserjet, and gives no
> > font error messages or substitution messages.

> > }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Patricia,

> I ahve had similar problems...sort of. The font collection does not
> always include fonts that I know are in my document (though it also
> doesn't add fonts I didn't have!). Copying them from my system dirctly
> to the fonts folder and sending them to the service bureau works just
> fine. Don't worry. I do it all the time. Just remember to include all
> instances (bold, ital., bold-ital, etc. that are in your document.
> HTH
> Jane

Hi,

I bet Optima is built into your printer. Either you are using the
printer font by mistake, or the plug-in is trying to pick that up rather
than the TTF version. I think you'll have to copy it over by hand.

Kym

1. Save for Service Provider - Missing fonts

Hi all!

I did a page layout with the following fonts:
Georgia <-- True Type
AGaramond <-- Type 1
Bodoni SvtyTwo ITC TT-Bold <-- True Type
AGaramond Italic <-- Type 1
AGaramond Bold <-- Type 1
AGaramond BoldItalic <-- Type 1
Optima Bold <-- Type 1

- Then I proceeded to go to Utilities->Plug-ins->"Save For Service
Provider".
- I clicked on the Preflight Pub and the fonts and linked checked out
ok.
- I clicked on the Package button
- I looked into the Fonts folder it created and noticed that Bodoni
SvtyTwo ITC TT-Bold was missing. What gives?

Thanks-
MikeD

2. Lenticular 3d images with Lightwave

3. Save for Service Provider plug-in: font problem

4. Creating Waving Lines / Swishes - swish-wave-lines.gif (0/1)

5. fonts & Save for Service Provider

6. FS:WORLD CONSTRACTION SET v2

7. Save for service provider

8. Tons of software at low prices

9. What is with the save for service provider plugin

10. Save for Service Provider

11. PDF Probs and Save for Service Provider Prob Please help ASAP

12. save for service provider includes system?

13. save for service provider