layout stuph

Post by Janis » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

okk, questin sounds lieke that:

is it ok, if i make a page on Adobe Photoshop on the size of paper and then
just insert in PageMaker and send it to the printing company?
I mean such a things like cover and pages with a lot of effects! I also
underastand that it should be at least 5 mm more that border of the page.

Some suggestions and info that could be usefull???

JL

layout stuph

Post by LT » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> okk, questin sounds lieke that:

> is it ok, if i make a page on Adobe Photoshop on the size of paper and then
> just insert in PageMaker and send it to the printing company?
> I mean such a things like cover and pages with a lot of effects! I also
> underastand that it should be at least 5 mm more that border of the page.

> Some suggestions and info that could be usefull???

> JL

Yes you can do this. Save photoshop file as tiff, (eps if you must),
then use place command in Pagemaker to bring it in. If you want it to
bleed, then make sure the image extends past the page edges by at
least 1/8" (1/4 better) Also, your Photoshop file should start out at,
or very close to the size you want. By that I mean, don't import a 4x6
image, and try to expand it to fill the page in PM. Scan it at the
proper size and resolution, or at least do the size resampling in
Photoshop.

Do not embed, but rather link the imported file, and send it along
with the Pagemaker file to your service provider.
LT

layout stuph

Post by Glar » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> is it ok, if i make a page on Adobe Photoshop on the size of paper and then
> just insert in PageMaker and send it to the printing company?

The best (safest and cheapest) thing to do is to ask the printer.