PAGEMAKER PLUS UPGRADE (MAC) - IS IT WORTH IT?

PAGEMAKER PLUS UPGRADE (MAC) - IS IT WORTH IT?

Post by wings.. » Tue, 29 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I've been going over the Adobe promotional literature repeatedly.

What's with this PageMaker 6.5 Plus upgrade? I have a license for PageMaker
6.5, which came with Photshop 4.0LE and Acrobat Distiller 3.0 PE. Is this
upgrade worth $99?

1: I see in the stuff on the web that Acrobat 4 and Photoshop 5.0LE.

http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/pagemaker/prodinfo.html

Are these updates worth the upgrade cost, or can they be obtained for free
or at less cost by other means?

2: Is PM 6.5 Plus compatible with the new Adobe Type Manager/Reunion? How
about MacOS 8.6?

3: Does anyone know of any compatibility issues with a beige G3 minitower
(233 MHz)? How about a Hewlett Packard DeskJet 870cse? How about Global
Village Teleport 56 K or 33.6 Speakerphone modems?

Thanks in advance for your responses.