Problems with text boxes in pagemaker

Post by Oliver Quinte » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:08:33

Hi guys:

 I'm new here, My problem is that when I am placing text in Pagemaker
breaking columns, etc, when I drag the red arrow down to make the text
box bigger it just resets to the last position, what I have to do is
click the red arrow and creating a continued text in the same column,
even tough the text is right there in the next row.

Hope you guys can help,

Thank you,

Oliver Q.

Problems with text boxes in pagemaker

Post by Dick Marguli » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:23:56

Check the paragraph tab of the style definition. You may have widow and
orphan controls, page break before, etc., set in such a way that the
text will not break where you want it to, so the windowshade will pull
back up. If you fix the paragraph attributes, you should be able to do
what you want.

The other thought is that you want to pull well below the point where
you want the text to end and let go. Then adjust it upward slowly. This
will show you which paragraph style is giving you trouble.