Printing issues with PM when distilling to PDF

Printing issues with PM when distilling to PDF

Post by Scot » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 06:54:39

Hello there,
I'm running Pagemaker 7, and when I go to distill images into PDF for
printing to an HP Plotter, the colors are off as is the page layout.
Now it's an old plotter with Poscript 2 support, I've recently upgraded to
WinXP and Pagemaker 7, and only now has this problem appeared.  Running
Pagemaker 6.5 on Windows Me I had no problems.  The printing issue is
resident whehter or not I distill the images to PDF.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Scott

1. Cannot Distill PM files into PDF

I am no longer able to create PDF files from PM plus. (I recently had a
new HD installed. I run NT 4.0 Build 1381 SP5. Before this occurred, I
could create PDFs without a problem.) I frequently create brochures in
PM that are ultimately posted on the web so I need to be able to create
PDF files.

When I attempt to make one I get the error below. It doens't matter how
complex the file is either.

%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: DeleteMe ]%%
%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

I have called Adobe Tech support and spent 3 days working with them to
figure it out.  No luck. I have done the uninstall/reinstall. Cleared
the registry, tried printing to a PS file and then distilling it thru
Acrobat,etc. etc. etc.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? If so WHAT if anything can I do?
I am currently scanning the documents to create the PDFs which is
totally inefficient!

TIA,
Toni

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Format newsletter

3. Printing issue in PM 6.52 to Tektronix Color laser

4. Blender with SuSE Linux

5. Can NOT print PM 6.5 file to PDF!

6. Scatter plot "macro" or "include" for POV?

7. .PDF files look and print bad when placed in PM 6.5 Plus

8. Wanted Used 3D Studio Max Manual

9. Retaining size of JPEG image when distilling to PDF

10. distilling .ps to .pdf loses underline

11. Distilling Direct to PDF Disabled

12. Distilling to PDF

13. 2/23 8 PM Bay Area ACM/SIGGRAPH: Legal Issues of Computer Graphics