TOOLS MENU

Post by Candice Bernstei » Sat, 24 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have this minor annoyance:
I am used to having the tools menu (the small menu with arrow, T, hand,
magnifying glass, etc.) on the right side of the screen. So everytime I open
PM, I drag it to my right and keep working. But when I minimize the screen,
and then open the screen again, the tool menu is on the right side. It's not
a big problem, just a "minor annoyance."

Does anybody have any solution for this? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Win NT (SP4), PM 6.52

TOOLS MENU

Post by Gordon Woo » Mon, 26 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Move it down a bit from the top when you put it on the right hand side
-- about an inch on a 17" monitor should do it. -- and it won't jump
back to the left again when you maximise it again.

And yes it is strange behaviour.

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:13:34 -0400, "Candice Bernstein"

>I have this minor annoyance:
>I am used to having the tools menu (the small menu with arrow, T, hand,
>magnifying glass, etc.) on the right side of the screen. So everytime I open
>PM, I drag it to my right and keep working. But when I minimize the screen,
>and then open the screen again, the tool menu is on the right side. It's not
>a big problem, just a "minor annoyance."

>Does anybody have any solution for this? Any help would be greatly
>appreciated.

>Win NT (SP4), PM 6.52

Gordon Woolf, The Worsley Press, Hastings, Vic., Australia
--- Book publishers and sub-contract newspaper page production ---
Our books (and PageMaker hints): www.worsleypress.com
Our Format newsletter: www.worsleypress.com/format.htm
(for those who produce newspapers, magazines, newsletters)

1. How to stop tool menu flyout in 6.0

I just received and installed Photoshop 6.0 and all of the
tools that have flyout menus (indicated with the small arrow)
are opening with a single click on the tool rather than by
holding a click for a couple of seconds.  Is this the default
behavior?  All of the docs indicate that you need to hold the
mouse down on the tool for a moment before the flyout is
displayed.  Needless to say, this gets annoying very quickly
since every time I select a tool, the tool menu opens up which
I have to dismiss.  Is there some setting somewhere that stops
this "auto opening" of the tool menus?

Thanks for any help.

-- TRW
_______________________________________
My e-mail:  t r w 7

2. Sparkle 2.1.2 MPEG player for Macs

3. studio tools menu missing

4. any modlers that are good for a 68 k mac

5. Keeping the Camera Tools menu open, and keyboard shortcuts under NT?

6. OpenGL on Sparcs (why is it the way it is)

7. Can't activate tool pallette sub-menus

8. Type tool font selection menu displays actual type face

9. Tool Bar Stuck Under menu Bar

10. menu like icq menu