ATM capability???

Post by Smile, it can only get WORS » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 05:25:17

Hi Everyone,

How is the ATM utility supposed to work????

Maybe I've got it wrong?

I thought it was supposed to take Bill's fonts (with the TT on the
icon) and make them into Adobe (with the A on the icon) usable fonts.

Is this correct?????

I just reinstalled (after having to delete the entire pagemaker
folder). Now that I have it back and running, it seems I used to have
more fonts than I do now.

I ended up with about 130 fonts when I open pagemaker and look at the
available fonts.

Is there a way to make the TT fonts ionto adobe fonts using ATM?

Thanks,

Art

ATM capability???

Post by Pegg » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 05:58:18

Greetings --

Quote:> Hi Everyone,

> How is the ATM utility supposed to work????

> Maybe I've got it wrong?

> I thought it was supposed to take Bill's fonts (with the TT on the
> icon) and make them into Adobe (with the A on the icon) usable fonts.

> Is this correct?????

> I just reinstalled (after having to delete the entire pagemaker
> folder). Now that I have it back and running, it seems I used to have
> more fonts than I do now.

> I ended up with about 130 fonts when I open pagemaker and look at the
> available fonts.

> Is there a way to make the TT fonts ionto adobe fonts using ATM?

> Thanks,

> Art

ATM is not designed to convert fonts in any way. It is designed only to
allow you to manage fonts, activate or de-activate fonts, group them in
sets, and examine the font characteristics.

For example, I have 3,000+ fonts installed on this computer. If I didn't use
ATM, they would all be active all the time, and I would have to scroll
through impossibly long font lists. I keep about 125 fonts active per
customer.

Fonts marked TT are not "Bill's fonts" - they are Truetype fonts. Fonts
marked "A" are not Adobe fonts, they are Adobe PostScript fonts, and have
two files associated with each font. Fonts marked "O" are OpenType fonts,
and can be used on either platform (Mac or Windows).

Programs are available to allow you to convert fonts to various formats;
however it' not good practice and may lead you to copyright violations - and
font corruption.

www.myfonts.com has a wealth of information about fonts, font mangaement and
font conversion programs.

Peggy

1. Need lost capability

A long time ago I had a old DOS utility called bw2gray, I think.  It could
take a halftone image such as one scanned from a newspaper and convert it to
grayscale.  That old utility was lost a long time ago, but I still
occasionally need the function.  None of the graphics software I currently
have will do that, and I can't seem to find it or anything comparable.  Any
clues?  Thanks.

Miller Taylor

2. Was I supposed to get the SDK when I registered MAX?

3. New heightfield generation capability - any suggestions for it?

4. Moving graphics files between PC & Macs

5. ANN: SPG Enhances ColorWorks:WEB 3 with Robust Screen Capture Capabilities

6. Stealthnet - Install?

7. Enhance your DSK's capabilities

8. Motorola mac clone graphics capabilities?

9. ?? 3D Charts with drill down capability

10. Icon editing program with hot spot capability?

11. Viewer with hot spot capability

12. Looking for auto-cropping capability