PDF hyperlinked index

Post by Rick » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 05:45:14

I have been asked to prepare a small book for use by customers visiting our
website. It consists of 7 chapters, mostly text with a few small
illustrations. I have seen pdf's that include an index column on the left
side. Any hints on how that is done?
--
Rick
The "go" has gotta go

PDF hyperlinked index

Post by Jane Krate Dud » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:07:46

Rick, you need the full version of Acrobat for that. It will do proper
bookmarking and such, and create the type of index you are seeking.
It's a couple hundred bucks, and I think it's worth it. I seem to recall
hearing this week (from Planet PDF maybe?) that Acrobat 5 is just out or will
be soon.

Jane

> I have been asked to prepare a small book for use by customers visiting our
> website. It consists of 7 chapters, mostly text with a few small
> illustrations. I have seen pdf's that include an index column on the left
> side. Any hints on how that is done?
> --
> Rick
> The "go" has gotta go

PDF hyperlinked index

Post by Larry Gree » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:07:40

>I have been asked to prepare a small book for use by customers visiting our
>website. It consists of 7 chapters, mostly text with a few small
>illustrations. I have seen pdf's that include an index column on the left
>side. Any hints on how that is done?
>--
>Rick
>The "go" has gotta go

If you generate the TOC and index in PageMaker they will appear in the PDF
version. I can't remember if there is an option you have to select in
Distiller or if it is in the PageMaker export boxes but it will work that
way as I have done it several times.

Larry

PDF hyperlinked index

Post by Rick » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 05:46:05

Thanks for the info offered.
--
Rick
The "go" has gotta go

> I have been asked to prepare a small book for use by customers visiting
our
> website. It consists of 7 chapters, mostly text with a few small
> illustrations. I have seen pdf's that include an index column on the left
> side. Any hints on how that is done?
> --
> Rick
> The "go" has gotta go

1. Problem creating PDF file with hyperlinks on Mac

Hi,

I am using a mac g3 with system 9.0.4, MS Word 2001, and Adobe Acrobat 5.
I can't get hyperlinks that were created in the word document to behave
like hyperlinks once the ps file is created and its run through Distiller.
I try the Webcapture option, and it says that there are no hyperlinks in
the document. Now, if I save the word document as a webpage, and then do
Open as PDF in Acrobat, the same hyperlinks work properly.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Susan

--

2. visual parsers, state of art?

3. PDF File Hyperlinks in Pagemaker =

4. blurred refraction?

5. Corel Draw and Hyperlink PDF (not URL)

6. How to make Screen Saver using VB?

7. Win2k, Export PDF, and Index/TOC

8. Free Screen Savers!

9. the index of indexed colors

10. Combining client's index doc with PM indexing

11. Adobe PDF - How splitting PDF-files?

12. hyperlink

13. Quark 5 hyperlink