exporting HTML

Post by B Studi » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:02:09

When I compuse a page in PM and use styles for determining my fonts and type
sizes, I get the same old style when it is exported. How can I fix my pages
so that when I export HTML I get the fonts I`m using. Also, is there a way
to edit HTML within PageMaker?

exporting HTML

Post by Gordon Wool » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:25:52

Firstly, why are you using PM to create HTML? The only acceptable
answer will be if you have an existing print page and need to adapt it
to the web, in which case the option to approximate layout using
tables should be selected.

However you would still need to use an HTML editor to get the page
into shape.

Think of PM's HTML capabilities as for conversion rather than
creation.

Quote:>When I compuse a page in PM and use styles for determining my fonts and type

--
Gordon Woolf
The Worsley Press <www.worsleypress.com>

exporting HTML

Post by B Studi » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:28:27

BETA SCRIBE, Gordon Woolf, PULLS WOOL OVER EYES WHILE HAND LETTERING

> Firstly, why are you using PM to create HTML? The only acceptable
> answer will be if you have an existing print page and need to adapt it
> to the web, in which case the option to approximate layout using
> tables should be selected.

> However you would still need to use an HTML editor to get the page
> into shape.

> Think of PM's HTML capabilities as for conversion rather than
> creation.

>> When I compuse a page in PM and use styles for determining my fonts and type
>> sizes, I get the same old style when it is exported. How can I fix my pages
>> so that when I export HTML I get the fonts I`m using. Also, is there a way
>> to edit HTML within PageMaker?

> --
> Gordon Woolf
> The Worsley Press <www.worsleypress.com>
> Publishers of "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter"

I couldn`t have said it better myself. Much oblige.

If there`s nothing more discouraging than discovering the shortcomings ATM
has with OSX, it is trying to get images from AI as sharp as they appear in
AI onto PM. But since I haven`t learnt that, my life is mud.

From the desk of B. Sterling

The black and white cat leers over sleeping warblers. <sigh> Sofa so good by
day, the rough stages of controversial lap naps, but now the nosferatu is on
the hum.

exporting HTML

Post by Robert Wa » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:12:05

> When I compuse a page in PM and use styles for determining my fonts and type
> sizes, I get the same old style when it is exported. How can I fix my pages
> so that when I export HTML I get the fonts I`m using. Also, is there a way
> to edit HTML within PageMaker?

Bear in mind, also, that HTML was not created by designers for
designers. The primary goal in making HTML pages is that they be
viewable as designed in all browsers on all machines. Given that there
are millions of fonts out there, the likelihood of the person who's
viewing your page having "Erratic_elliptical" installed on her machine
is pretty low.

I haven't used PM to do HTML at all (I use Dreamweaver), but I'd
suspect that PM is reverting to "universal" fonts (Arial, Times, the
like) which are installed as part of the Windows OS. When using really
off-the-wall fonts, you need to convert them into graphics in
illustrator, say, or corel, and then import them into the document you
are laying out. If you create an HTML document that uses a font not
resident on a viewer's machine, one of the "universal" fonts will be
substituted in for it.

(robt)

1. Is PM 6.5's "Export HTML" improved?

I've played around with PM 6.0's "Export HTML" on normal files and, in a
word, it sucks.  Text flowed in columns around tables, graphics, or
other text gets exported in an apparently random order that is
essentially useless.

Is PM 6.5's "Export HTML" improved in this regard?
--
 Jamie McCarthy          http://www.absence.prismatix.com/jamie/

2. Question about texture

3. JPEG and GIF Export Problems To HTML Tables

4. Shell variables in gnuplot

5. Export to HTML

6. HTML exporting from Indesign 1.5

7. export to html