PM 6.5 and HP1000 ...need help!

Post by mselb.. » Fri, 26 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I can't figure this one out, please help if you can.  I'm using PM 6.5 (Win
95) and the new HP 1000  that prints up to 11  x 17.  I went to print out a
soft proof of an 8 1/2  x 17  layout  and kept getting 1/3 of the layout
cut off.  I went back to MS publisher to test the printout from there and
it did just fine.  It seems to be a problem in Pagemaker.  Any ideas?

mselby

PM 6.5 and HP1000 ...need help!

Post by Larry Jaqu » Thu, 02 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>I can't figure this one out, please help if you can.  I'm using PM 6.5 (Win
>95) and the new HP 1000  that prints up to 11  x 17.  I went to print out a
>soft proof of an 8 1/2  x 17  layout  and kept getting 1/3 of the layout
>cut off.  I went back to MS publisher to test the printout from there and
>it did just fine.  It seems to be a problem in Pagemaker.  Any ideas?

Doublecheck that you defined the size in Pagemaker as Custom 8.5x17 and
that the HP printer driver accepts that new size. Perhaps you'll have to
use the 11x17 tabloid size in the printer driver.

What is it that you're printing, a brochure-style menu or something?

signed: curious.

         --== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==--
http://diversify.com/ljaques - Schnazzy Tee Collection online

PM 6.5 and HP1000 ...need help!

Post by Jim Bas » Sat, 04 Oct 1997 04:00:00

My spouse has exactly the same problem (prints part of the tabloid size
page, offset to one side). However it is earlier PM (5 I think, till I
fix a Win95 problem on her new box and reinstall 6.5). Since I bought the
Hp1000 for a different reason (and as a last minute switch from an Epson
1520 I didn't realize how the 1000 depended on software), I haven't
gotten around to looking into the problem.

So this is a 'me too' response, sorry :-)
The HP 1000 works fine with photoshop so this is something related to
pagemaker. I've never understood how PM works with printers and wasn't
sure it could talk to a non-postscript printer without a 'real' RIP (as
opposed to using MS Win xx to handle it). I did spend some time on both
adobe's and HP's web sites without finding anything on HP1000 & PM. Not
sure what to try next.

I'll try to check in on this newsgroup and look for responses, will email
you if I learn anything.

Jim Bash

> >I can't figure this one out, please help if you can.  I'm using PM 6.5 (Win
> >95) and the new HP 1000  that prints up to 11  x 17.  I went to print out a
> >soft proof of an 8 1/2  x 17  layout  and kept getting 1/3 of the layout
> >cut off.  I went back to MS publisher to test the printout from there and
> >it did just fine.  It seems to be a problem in Pagemaker.  Any ideas?

> Doublecheck that you defined the size in Pagemaker as Custom 8.5x17 and
> that the HP printer driver accepts that new size. Perhaps you'll have to
> use the 11x17 tabloid size in the printer driver.

> What is it that you're printing, a brochure-style menu or something?

> signed: curious.

>          --== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==--
> http://diversify.com/ljaques - Schnazzy Tee Collection online

1. Help needed converting PM 6.5 libary to PM 7

I have a spanking new copy of PM 7, but need access to a library saved in PM
6.5.

According to Adobe, I need to transfer the library's content into a PM 6.5
document and then open it in 7. Which I can't do, of course.

If I sent someone the library file, could someone help me out?

Many thanks

Tom
(tommyimac(at)aol.com

2. Postscript

3. PM 6.5: Import of Word for Windows tables into PM 6.5

4. Lightmaps, radiosity and game using

5. Urgently Need Help w/ Setting Up Publication in PM 6.5

6. Good MPEG viewer ?

7. Open PM 6.5 docs in PM 6.01?

8. converting from win pm 3.1 to mac pm 6.5

9. PM 3.02/Mac to PM 6.5/PC

10. PM 6.0/6.5 Template Needed

11. PM newbie needs advice: 6.0 vs 6.5

12. e.mailing PM 6.5 files, advice needed.