Printing grey text

Post by id » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to print grey text from PM to a HP4V (non postscript) and am
having little luck.

I have tried all the tricks on the adobe site (rotating text, printing as
graphics) but nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
SB

Printing grey text

Post by torrance_anti-s.. » Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>I am trying to print grey text from PM to a HP4V (non postscript) and am
>having little luck.

>I have tried all the tricks on the adobe site (rotating text, printing as
>graphics) but nothing seems to help.

>Any suggestions?

>Thanks
>SB

Easy.

(I'm using v6.01.  Should be same or very similar with v6.5x)

 I select with the text tool the section of text I wish to print  as a
grey tint.

Then I go to menu item "Type"
Then "Type Specifications"
Then I set the "Tint" % to whatever I desire.

Printing grey text

Post by G S Batchelo » Sun, 18 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Is your text speced as "grey" or as a tint of black?

> >I am trying to print grey text from PM to a HP4V (non postscript) and am
> >having little luck.

> >I have tried all the tricks on the adobe site (rotating text, printing
as
> >graphics) but nothing seems to help.

> >Any suggestions?

> >Thanks
> >SB

1. Printing PCL text on grey background

During print using Printer object after setting PaperBin
property following error occurs:

Text printed in black on gray rectangle is printed with
extra white background. In other words, text is placed in
white rectangle placed on gray background.
The error does not occur when the paper bin is not changed.
It happens for various PCL drivers.

Please help.

2. 2D Graphics

3. Adobe grey Text isn't grey

4. graphical data presentation

5. TEXT PROBLEM: Unwanted grey box behind text and other problems

6. REQ: Infro on accessing pictures from scanner

7. Text Problem: Unwanted grey box behind text.

8. FS: 9.0 GIG HD

9. Text Problem: Unwanted grey box behind text!

10. QuarkXpress: color printed as grey or black

11. Freehand5 ->DW550c prints grey scale

12. Printer now only prints grey images...

13. ps5 print and export grey out