Auto Place?

Post by McDonal » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 03:00:36

Is it possible to automatically fill in frames with pictures.  For example,
My digital camera takes TIFF pictures and I have a pages set up with 6
frames, I want the first six pictures from the camera to fill those frames
in without having to place each single one.  Eventually, I will have about 4
pages set up with six frames each. Could I have them all fill in.  Thank
You, MCD

Auto Place?

Post by Gordon Wool » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:54:30

Look at scripting. There's a scripting guide on the PageMaker CD, and
several web sites give more info. See
<http://www.worsleypress.com/pubprod/sources.htm>

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:00:36 -0400, "McDonald"

--
Gordon Woolf
The Worsley Press <www.worsleypress.com>

Auto Place?

Post by Helpful Harr » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:20:18

> On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:00:36 -0400, "McDonald"

> >Is it possible to automatically fill in frames with pictures.  For example,
> >My digital camera takes TIFF pictures and I have a pages set up with 6
> >frames, I want the first six pictures from the camera to fill those frames
> >in without having to place each single one.  Eventually, I will have about 4
> >pages set up with six frames each. Could I have them all fill in.  Thank
> >You, MCD

> Look at scripting. There's a scripting guide on the PageMaker CD, and
> several web sites give more info. See
> <http://www.worsleypress.com/pubprod/sources.htm>

4 pages with 6 images = 24 images.  :o\

It'll be easiest to just place them manually as usual. It's not worth
wasting the time with scripting or anything else to try an automate
this process for such a measly number of images ... unless you're going
to be doing this every month/week or something. Even then it's probably
easier to set-up the document manually the first time (with linked, not
embedded images), then each month/week just replace the old image files
with the new ones using the same filenames, then PageMaker will re-link
them automatically when you open the document again.

Helpful Harry
"Just trying to help whenever I can."      :o)