pagemaker 6.5 serial

Post by Paul Harri » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 03:41:28

> > you got *ed, i got it for free. bye loser. q

> (snipped)

> I read through this thread and instead of laughing at it and having fun with
> it... I don't know... it just made me very __angry__ at people like this.

> People wonder why software costs as much as it does, one reason is because
> of theives who think they are so much better than everyone else that they
> deserve something for nothing -- regardless of the fact that peoples JOBS
> rely on the sales of their software. It is their LIVELIHOOD.

Hey Sherry, don't get too stressed. Q is probably a post-pubescent
little twerp who will never buy the program, so it's not really a lost
sale. And, maybe when he grows up, he will actually buy legal versions
of some of the software he's stolen. However, judging from his
language, not much going on upstairs at this stage of his life.

Paul "all legal software" Harris
Wordworks Typographic

pagemaker 6.5 serial

Post by Dick Marguli » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:09:16

> Hey Sherry, don't get too stressed. Q is probably a post-pubescent
> little twerp who will never buy the program, so it's not really a lost
> sale.

Yeah, Paul, that was my impression as well.

And, maybe when he grows up, he will actually buy legal versions

Quote:> of some of the software he's stolen.

Umm, I'm losing your train of thought there, though.

However, judging from his

Quote:> language, not much going on upstairs at this stage of his life.

Okay, here's the thing. Not only is it not the case the thinking people
live longer, it is also not the case that people get smarter as they get
older. It may be _surprising_ that idiots live as long as they do. And
there are certainly the outliers who win Darwin awards. But the fact is
that most people who are stupid when they are 15 are also stupid when
they are 35, 55, and 75.

The GOOD news (reported today, as a matter of fact), is that the better
educated you are (or the smarter you are or the higher your tendency to
seek education--unclear which), the lower your odds of developing
Alzheimer's.

pagemaker 6.5 serial

Post by Jay Chevak » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:22:55

"Dick Margulis"

Quote:

> The GOOD news (reported today, as a matter of fact), is that the better
> educated you are (or the smarter you are or the higher your tendency to
> seek education--unclear which), the lower your odds of developing
> Alzheimer's.

 I never finished college, I'm doomed !, At least I think I never finished,
well I just can't remember...
Jay

pagemaker 6.5 serial

Post by John Thomas Smit » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:44:57

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:54:49 -0400, Sherry - PIP Printing
<big snip>

Quote:>As a side note, I don't normally sound off like I did this morning and I'm
>not really a flamer by nature, but sometimes when something hits you like
>that you *have* to say something or BURST!

>Yeah yeah... I guess I hadn't had my coffee yet -- but you know what? It did
>make me feel a lot better!  Perhaps I've inadvertently found the key to
>relieving job related stress... scream at a deserving person, today!

Grin... and here my wife says it's just Men who deserve screaming!

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

pagemaker 6.5 serial

Post by Sherry - PIP Printin » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:23:36

> On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:54:49 -0400, Sherry - PIP Printing

> <big snip>

>> As a side note, I don't normally sound off like I did this morning and I'm
>> not really a flamer by nature, but sometimes when something hits you like
>> that you *have* to say something or BURST!

>> Yeah yeah... I guess I hadn't had my coffee yet -- but you know what? It did
>> make me feel a lot better!  Perhaps I've inadvertently found the key to
>> relieving job related stress... scream at a deserving person, today!

> Grin... and here my wife says it's just Men who deserve screaming!

My coworkers have learned how to get around my "designer tantrums".

Chocolate. Lots of it.

It's almost as good as screaming...and scares away fewer customers ;)

pagemaker 6.5 serial

Post by Paul Harri » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:39:27

> "Dick Margulis"

> > The GOOD news (reported today, as a matter of fact), is that the better
> > educated you are (or the smarter you are or the higher your tendency to
> > seek education--unclear which), the lower your odds of developing
> > Alzheimer's.

>  I never finished college, I'm doomed !, At least I think I never finished,
> well I just can't remember...
> Jay

I'm with you, Jay. Fourth year, three months from graduation, dope,
acid, revolution, Jimi Hendrix, etc . . . I also can't remember the
rest of that year. . .

Paul

pagemaker 6.5 serial

Post by Pegg » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 02:18:59

Greetings --

> > "Dick Margulis"

> > > The GOOD news (reported today, as a matter of fact), is that the
better
> > > educated you are (or the smarter you are or the higher your tendency
> > > seek education--unclear which), the lower your odds of developing
> > > Alzheimer's.

> >  I never finished college, I'm doomed !, At least I think I never
finished,
> > well I just can't remember...
> > Jay

> I'm with you, Jay. Fourth year, three months from graduation, dope,
> acid, revolution, Jimi Hendrix, etc . . . I also can't remember the
> rest of that year. . .

> Paul

I never finished either ... I met Steve the 4th day I was on campus in
1968 - sex, *, rock n roll, Vietnam, flower children, etc. But I got my
MRS degree! And that's provided a good income, and a lot of fun too, for 30+
years now.

Did _anybody_ actually graduate college in the class of 1970 - 1976??!?!?
<g>

Peggy

pagemaker 6.5 serial

Post by Jay Chevak » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 02:39:02

I was about 15 years behind, should have graduated in 90, but it was still
sex, * and the Grateful Dead, that and a fulltime job.
Jay

pagemaker 6.5 serial

Post by Dick Marguli » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 05:29:39

> Greetings --

>>>"Dick Margulis"

> better

>>> I never finished college, I'm doomed !, At least I think I never

> finished,

>>>well I just can't remember...
>>>Jay

>>I'm with you, Jay. Fourth year, three months from graduation, dope,
>>acid, revolution, Jimi Hendrix, etc . . . I also can't remember the
>>rest of that year. . .

>>Paul

> I never finished either ... I met Steve the 4th day I was on campus in
> 1968 - sex, *, rock n roll, Vietnam, flower children, etc. But I got my
> MRS degree! And that's provided a good income, and a lot of fun too, for 30+
> years now.

> Did _anybody_ actually graduate college in the class of 1970 - 1976??!?!?
> <g>

> Peggy

Hey, I'm ahead of you guys. I didn't graduate in the class of 1968 ;-)