PM 6.5 won't save or save-as after removing pages

PM 6.5 won't save or save-as after removing pages

Post by SCG » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Jumpin' jeepers! A 750 MB file! No wonder you're having problems. But your
machine only has only 64 MB of RAM!
-scg

Post by Scot » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

HI, As my subject describes...

I have a very large file (32 pages, 750 MB) file that somebody else
created. I am attempting to break it down into four smaller files. I
thought I could just "remove pages" and do a "save-as" a couple of times
to solve the problem.

Well, no joy. PageMaker starts saving then just hangs. I tried to be
patient, letting it sit for 15-20 minutes, but it's the same thing. I am
using a Pentium 2 (400)/64 MB RAM/PageMaker 6.5 and have plenty of hard
drive space left (2 GB).

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and may earn you a pint of
Guinness.

Cheers, Scott

PM 6.5 won't save or save-as after removing pages

Post by Scot » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Tell me about it.  The nin-cow-poop included each photo in the
publication, and I don't have separate pic's to link them to.  I thought
this would be easy!!!!!

Scott

Post by Simon Warne » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Tell me about it.  The nin-cow-poop included each photo in the
> publication, and I don't have separate pic's to link them to.  I thought
> this would be easy!!!!!

So what happens if you export all the pics from pagemaker and then link
to them? And then do a save-as.

I can't see an easy way out, but is this an idea that may help?

simon

PM 6.5 won't save or save-as after removing pages

Post by Ken Holm » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Have you tried opening a new blank publication with the same page size
and styles and cut and paste one page at a time from the old massive
file?
My guess is that all those image files are mucking up a SaveAs even
with pages missing.

Do I get the Guinness?

Quote:

>HI, As my subject describes...

>I have a very large file (32 pages, 750 MB) file that somebody else
>created. I am attempting to break it down into four smaller files. I
>thought I could just "remove pages" and do a "save-as" a couple of times
>to solve the problem.

>Well, no joy. PageMaker starts saving then just hangs. I tried to be
>patient, letting it sit for 15-20 minutes, but it's the same thing. I am
>using a Pentium 2 (400)/64 MB RAM/PageMaker 6.5 and have plenty of hard
>drive space left (2 GB).

>Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and may earn you a pint of
>Guinness.

>Cheers, Scott

>--

1. Win PM 6.5: Cannot Save As, Disk Full, 8013:0099

Hello,

I've got plenty of disk space left (over 20 GB), but when I try to do a Save
As..., I get the message listed in the subject.  All other applications on
my systems can Save As with no problem.

Any ideas?  Is there some .ini file that has become corrupted or something?
Any tips would be appreciated.

Please respond to the group and to my email.

Thanks!
Dahn

2. CreateDibSection

3. PM for Win 6.5 won't restart

4. How a power plant works

5. PM 6.5 crashes during save - help

6. Aldus Superpaint question

7. Slow saves in PM 6.5

8. Illuminatus

9. Help! PM 6.5 won't open

10. PM 6.5 won't open

11. PM 6.5 won't print Mac screen dumps

12. converting from win pm 3.1 to mac pm 6.5

13. PM 6.5: Import of Word for Windows tables into PM 6.5