stupid newbie question-font style

Post by Stev » Wed, 05 Apr 2000 04:00:00

This really is a stupid question.  I'm working with PM6.5 and trying to get a
selection of text to outline and shadow.  I can do this on Word, so I'm pretty
sure it can be done on PM.  Any help would be appreciated.

Post by Nathan Firb » Wed, 05 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> This really is a stupid question.  I'm working with PM6.5 and trying to
get a
> selection of text to outline and shadow.  I can do this on Word, so I'm
pretty
> sure it can be done on PM.  Any help would be appreciated.

Nope. Nope, it's not a stupid question and Nope, it can't be done.
Unfortunately. InDesign can do it though - and much more besides. (Saw a
demo of it at the CeBIT in Hanover this year - I'm saving my pennies).

I usually make my 'fancy' letters in Illustrator or Photoshop (depending on
the effects) then I import them into Pagemaker as a .tiff or whatever.

Nathan

stupid newbie question-font style

Post by <youdid_.. » Tue, 16 May 2000 04:00:00

no, it's not a stupid question as i have tried to do this and thought i
might be able to find this in the Type menu, under character but to no
avail. you might want to try and acquire this plug in that lets you do
what you want. go here
http://www.adobe.com/products/plugins/pagemaker/dashadow.html
and see if this helps. the key features are:

 ? Allows you to create drop shadows from directly within PageMaker

 ? Create shadows for PageMaker-generated shapes/objects (such as circles,
ellipses, rectangles, polygons, etc.), PageMaker text, and imported
graphics

 ? Exceptionally simple and fast to learn and use

hope this helps

> This really is a stupid question.  I'm working with PM6.5 and trying to
get a
> selection of text to outline and shadow.  I can do this on Word, so I'm
pretty
> sure it can be done on PM.  Any help would be appreciated.

1. Setting font-style - I think I′m too stupid

Hi everyone!

How could I set a font-style: Trying this:

Image->Canvas->Font->Style=fsBold;

generates an error during compilation. Other font-options like

Image->Canvas->Font->Name="Arial";
Image->Canvas->Font->Pitch=16;

works fine. Whats the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Henrik Fisch

2. Last chance for textures

3. stupid newbie question ImageMagick

4. *Do U Use Alias2/SGI?*

5. Stupid Newbie Question

6. Pov-Ray 3.02, Win95

7. QuickTime VR Authoring Studio (stupid newbie question)

8. How to automatically draw boxes around text (i.e. with styles or other)?

9. Newbie stupid user question PSP7

10. Stupid newbie question about colorizing

11. Stupid Newbie Question

12. Stupid Newbie Question regarding transparency

13. Probably stupid newbie question