v7.0 print problems from file designed in 6.5

v7.0 print problems from file designed in 6.5

Post by Paul-Andre Lavoi » Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:03:05

I just purchased PageMaker 7.0 to run on Windows 2000 and I'm printing to a
Tektronics Phaser 850DX.

A flier I recently created in PageMaker 6.5 (on the same Windows 2000
machine)
will no longer print in the 7.0 version. Also, I did not uninstall 6.5 from
the
Windows2000 machine that I installed 7.0 on, and now this flier will not
even print from the PageMaker 6.5 copy I created the flier in.

I have run over a 1000 copies of this file from 6.5. No
machine that I install PageMaker 7 on will print this file, even a "clean"
machines that never had a copy of 6.5 on it. However any machine running 6.5
(both 98 and 2000 machines where PageMaker 7 has not been installed) will
print this file without a problem. I have not had time to see if this true
for any other pagemaker 6.5 files I have created.

Below is the error I get when printing this file in either 6.5 or 7.0 (where
7.0 has been installed on that machine):

Error: typecheck; offendingcommand: setcolor

Any thoughts?

1. Problem printing placed Illustrator files in Pagemaker 6.5

I'm having a problem printing Adobe Illustrator 7.0 files in my
Pagemaker 6.5 publications. I normally use EPS files for most
applications, but I like to generate pre-press output on my HP Deskjet
820cxi, which is not postscript.

In the past with PM 6.0, I would get around this by placing a Corel
CMX file or copy and paste from CorelDraw into Pagemaker. Now I use
Illustrator for vector based graphics. When I place Illustrator files,
Pagemaker doesn't place a vector based image, it generates a bitmap
which looks horrible when printed on my Deskjet. Copying and pasting
the art from Illustrator into PM does the same thing.

I can't seem to find a way to import AI vector graphics and view them
as vector graphics in Pagemaker 6.5. Can anyone please tell me if I'm
missing something obvious, because this seems like a huge
short-coming.

Michael

2. how to view AVI files?

3. Can NOT print PM 6.5 file to PDF!

4. Problem with PIC's

5. Freehand EPS files causing Pagemaker 6.5 to Crash on Print

6. How to set glAccum()

7. .PDF files look and print bad when placed in PM 6.5 Plus

8. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Trouble printing EPS files in Pagemaker 6.5

10. PageMaker 6.5 printing large files

11. Error Printing Windows PM 6.5 PS file on Mac

12. Printing problem with PageMaker 6.5