PM 6.5: Import of Word for Windows tables into PM 6.5

PM 6.5: Import of Word for Windows tables into PM 6.5

Post by S. Baschk » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hallo together!

I must import existing tables from Word for Windows 7.0 into PageMaker
6.5. Problem: Format and frames are lost.

I tried to import them by copying into the buffer, paste it into PShop
as a TIFF. OK. Well done. Some frames were lost, wrong type font, wrong
size.

Can anybody help me?

PM 6.5: Import of Word for Windows tables into PM 6.5

Post by Mark A. Generau » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I tried to import them by copying into the buffer, paste it into PShop
>as a TIFF. OK. Well done. Some frames were lost, wrong type font, wrong
>size.

>Can anybody help me?

The Word Plug-in for Pagemaker 6.5 does not support frames. If you have
Adobe Acrobat Exchange 3.0, you should be able to use Word 97's PDF writer
to create a Acrobat file which in turn can be opened in Illustrator 7.0.
Save the Pdf file as an Illustrator 7.0 file an place in Pagemaker. I have
heard that Pagemaker 6.5 will have a patch soon for importing PDF's directly
into the program. If you use Acrobat make sure to get the latest PDF writer
for Word (I believe it is currently beta 4).

Fonts are a common problem when importing an object into Pagemaker. If you
use the technique above you can convert the fonts to curves when saving the
Illustrator file. The new file can't be edited however, so you will need to
make back ups.

1. Importing Word 98 files into Mac PM 6.5

Hello,

I can't import a Word 98 file into PM 6.5 for the Mac, even though 1) I
have the Word97 import filter and 2) Word98 and Word97 files are supposed
to be the same. When I try to import, the open dialog won't show the
Word98 files, though it shows all other compatible files (e.g. Word6/95,
etc) just fine.

So, what am I doing wrong?

Please e-mail (see below) as well as post here. Thanks in advance,

steve

Reply to:  stevewhite at ce dot mediaone dot net

2. Anyone know a good algo for strip and cull optimization of a mesh ?

3. Help needed converting PM 6.5 libary to PM 7

4. Go Live -- is there a Usenet Group?

5. Open PM 6.5 docs in PM 6.01?

6. Eye Contact Algorithm

7. converting from win pm 3.1 to mac pm 6.5

8. stereo rendering

9. PM 3.02/Mac to PM 6.5/PC

10. Tables in PM 6.5

11. PM 6.5 and Word 98 MacOS9