Exporting/Importing Pagemaker Documents

Post by Wayne LaLiber » Fri, 29 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I have about 300 forms in Pagemaker format and I would like to export
them to another application, like a word processor or Corel.

I was able to export one text block at a time but not the whole
document.  Also Copy and Paste does not seem to work for graphics
coming out of Page Maker.

If you know of any other applications that can import PageMaker
graphics or you know how to use copy and paste from PageMaker please
let me know.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Wayne LaLiberte

Post by Lanny Chambe » Fri, 29 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> I have about 300 forms in Pagemaker format and I would like to export
> them to another application, like a word processor or Corel.

> I was able to export one text block at a time but not the whole
> document.

Assuming Corel can import EPS files, why not print the PM pubs to
Postscript files?

Visit the Hummingbird Page: <http://www.derived.com/~lanny/hummers>

Post by Pete Masterso » Sat, 30 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> >> I have about 300 forms in Pagemaker format and I would like to export
> >> them to another application, like a word processor or Corel.

> >> I was able to export one text block at a time but not the whole
> >> document.

> >Assuming Corel can import EPS files, why not print the PM pubs to
> >Postscript files?

> >Visit the Hummingbird Page: <http://www.derived.com/~lanny/hummers

> Yes Corel imports EPS files.  But he woldn't be able to see the files
> in Corel after importing them.  Pagemaker created EPS files (through
> print to PS funciton) doesn't create preview headers in them.  Or am I
> wrong?

Export the files as PS or, if available, EPS. Use a program like TrasnverterPro
(from Techpool Software) to convert the PS/EPS files into fully editable Adobe
Illustrator files.

Pete Masterson

1. Question: Importing a PDF document into PageMaker (or Quark)

The subject says it all - is this possible? I do not use PM myself,
but need to deliver a large document written in Word to a printing
service which says they prefer to receive Quark or PM documents.

I have the Adobe Acrobat plugins installed in Word, so I can easily
create a PDF document using Distiller or PDF Writer.

Manamind AS
http://priv.infostream.no/~steinar/

2. iv to XXX program

3. duotone export for import into PageMaker

4. FREE PageMaker & CorelDRAW Tips & Hints

5. Import/Export files between Mac/PC Pagemaker ???

6. Printing to Epson Stylus Rip on OS 9.04

7. importing pagemaker 5.0J file in pagemaker 6.5

8. Dirty Scanner Glass?

9. URGENT: PageMaker import/import & database connectivity

10. About exporting Word Documents

11. exporting multiple documents into one PDF

12. Problem exporting PM document into PDF format

13. FREEHAND 5.0 Document renaming on import problem