Corrupt Pub in Pagemaker 7.0.1 and OS 10.1.5

Corrupt Pub in Pagemaker 7.0.1 and OS 10.1.5

Post by OttPa » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 11:05:28

Had a problem with a client who created a pub and now when we try to open
it, the document stops/freezes the entire computer. Went to the Adobe site
with no real help but I would hate to have to get her to re-create as a last
resort. Unfortunately it doesn't give any error message upon opening. Anyone
else experience this? It seems to go as far as two pages before the end and
bang...mac stops responding to mouse keyboard...hard reboot.

--
Remove no-spam from signature

Corrupt Pub in Pagemaker 7.0.1 and OS 10.1.5

Post by Pegg » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:48:02

Greetings --

Quote:> Had a problem with a client who created a pub and now when we try to open
> it, the document stops/freezes the entire computer. Went to the Adobe site
> with no real help but I would hate to have to get her to re-create as a
last
> resort. Unfortunately it doesn't give any error message upon opening.
Anyone
> else experience this? It seems to go as far as two pages before the end
and
> bang...mac stops responding to mouse keyboard...hard reboot.

> --
> Remove no-spam from signature

Have you tried opening it on a different computer? On a different OS? With
Indesign?

I'd locate a computer with PM 7.0 and WinXP or with Indesign and see if you
can export as PDF. Good luck!

Peggy

Corrupt Pub in Pagemaker 7.0.1 and OS 10.1.5

Post by OttPa » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:29:48

Hello,
Tried it on two other mac's and a PC running win 2k to no luck. It just
seems to get stuck when trying to ignore all the links. In Design 1.5.2
didn't help. It just spit out that it couldn't convert it do to the lack of
a proper filter.
Thanks for the tips

--
Remove no-spam from signature

> Greetings --

> > Had a problem with a client who created a pub and now when we try to
open
> > it, the document stops/freezes the entire computer. Went to the Adobe
site
> > with no real help but I would hate to have to get her to re-create as a
> last
> > resort. Unfortunately it doesn't give any error message upon opening.
> Anyone
> > else experience this? It seems to go as far as two pages before the end
> and
> > bang...mac stops responding to mouse keyboard...hard reboot.

> > --
> > Remove no-spam from signature

> Have you tried opening it on a different computer? On a different OS? With
> Indesign?

> I'd locate a computer with PM 7.0 and WinXP or with Indesign and see if
you
> can export as PDF. Good luck!

> Peggy

1. Help! multiple scanners in OS 10.2.6

I have an Artixscan 2500f for medium format up, and an Artixscan 4000tf
for 35mm material.   I have a 400mhz G4 tower running Jaguar 10.2.5
I have a SCSI board installed, but I seldom use the external device that
requires this board.

Microtek provides (online) a download for a Scanwizard driver for the
2500f to run in Mac OS-X, the 4000tf comes with Silverfast Ai that runs
in OS-X.

I have both softwares installed, with their plug-in's in Adobe Photoshop
7 (OS-X native)

I am having difficulty switching between scanners.

Ideally there would be one software that you could select the scanner
you wish to use.  Scanwizard 7.0.1 (for OS-X) does not yet support the
4000tf, just the 4000t, so I am out-of-luck.

In general I can select the Silverfast and operate the 4000tf, however
if I quit this app, and try to select the Scanwizard plug-in to scan
with the 2500f It can't find the scanner.  (The scanners are both
firewire, and the 2500 has been turned on and has completed its start-up
cycle)

Sometimes Photoshop will just quit, sometimes the computer will crash
and say to restart....really frustrating.

To get the 2500f working I have to unplug it (not just turn it off),
plug it in, restart it, sometimes unplug and plug in the firewire cable,
or change firewire port, then reload photoshop and acquire through the
Scanwizard plug-in, it will finally recognize the scanner and work.
It will continue to work OK then unless I wish to switch from it to the
4000tf, then it is the same old problems again getting the 2500f up and
running again.

Not reliable in the long run.

Any suggestions?

I have had more stable operation in general for digital photo related
stuff in the past in the old OS-9, but I am not about to go back,
because Apple does not support OS-9 anymore.

I have plenty of memory at 1.3 gig, and I have about 9 gig free on my
hard drive, so I am not having a memory or storage issue.

Gene McCluney

2. LOGO CONTEST at http://www.synapse.net/~writer/

3. MAJOR HELP NEEDED NOW - Intuos2 Tablet on the Mac OS X 10.2.1

4. Boolean

5. Illustrator 10 and OS X save problems...

6. help! - multimedia schools wanted

7. SymmetryWorks for Adobe Illustrator 10, Mac OS X

8. Is an inexpensive animation recorder available?

9. Newbie: colorsync workflow on iMac G4 flatpanel running OS X 10.3.7

10. Subject: PS 7 preview problem in OS X 10.2.8