Printing A5 on A4 (both sides, double)

Post by Steffen Rüte » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 15:49:43

Hi NG,

having to work with PM 7.0 (German version) I did not find any options
to print a document made of 16 A5 pages into a booklet, i.e. printing
(last page + first page) on the first A4 paper, (second page and last-1
page) on the second etc. pp.

somebody said something about a booklet plug-in...
So looking for something even remotely similar in Pagemaker I did not
find anything which helped me further, especially no booklet plug-in.

Is there any other way (except for manually re-sorting the pages) to do
this? And how comes the plug-in does not exist in the German version? I
asked the local admin, and he said he installed PM 7.0 with all tools,
optionals etc.

TIA

Steffen
--
Amerika, das ist die Entwicklung von der Barbarei zur Dekadenz
ohne den Umweg ber die Kultur.

Post by Helpful Harr » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 16:21:51

> Hi NG,

> having to work with PM 7.0 (German version) I did not find any options
> to print a document made of 16 A5 pages into a booklet, i.e. printing
> (last page + first page) on the first A4 paper, (second page and last-1
> page) on the second etc. pp.

> somebody said something about a booklet plug-in...
> So looking for something even remotely similar in Pagemaker I did not
> find anything which helped me further, especially no booklet plug-in.

> Is there any other way (except for manually re-sorting the pages) to do
> this? And how comes the plug-in does not exist in the German version? I
> asked the local admin, and he said he installed PM 7.0 with all tools,
> optionals etc.

> TIA

> Steffen

The "Build Booklet" plug-in does exist in the menu Utilities > Plug-Ins
... *IF* you chose to install it when you installed PageMaker. I can't
see any reason why it wouldn't be in the German version.

If it's not installed, then you'll need to get your original CD-ROM and
install it again.

Helpful Harry
"Just trying to help whenever I can."      :o)

Printing A5 on A4 (both sides, double)

Post by Pegg » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 00:18:27

Greetings --

> Hi NG,

> having to work with PM 7.0 (German version) I did not find any options
> to print a document made of 16 A5 pages into a booklet, i.e. printing
> (last page + first page) on the first A4 paper, (second page and last-1
> page) on the second etc. pp.

> somebody said something about a booklet plug-in...
> So looking for something even remotely similar in Pagemaker I did not
> find anything which helped me further, especially no booklet plug-in.

> Is there any other way (except for manually re-sorting the pages) to do
> this? And how comes the plug-in does not exist in the German version? I
> asked the local admin, and he said he installed PM 7.0 with all tools,
> optionals etc.

> TIA

> Steffen
> --
> Amerika, das ist die Entwicklung von der Barbarei zur Dekadenz
> ohne den Umweg ber die Kultur.
> Georges Clemenceau, franz. Politiker (1841-1929)

Please ask your admin to check again. I only know the US English version,
but it is a quite common problem with PM 7. If you do a "custom" install,
rather than a default, it is easy to miss the scroll bars that show all the
plug-ins and options.

Peggy

1. Imposing DIN A5 booklet on double sided DIN A3+

I am producing a booklet, which will be a 40 page DIN A5 saddle stitched
thang. it is being printed on DIN A3+ (the + means there is room for
printers marks and all that funny coloured stuff around the edges), and I
need to impose it. Although page 346 of my User Guide shows a graphic of
how an 8 page signature is imposed (exactly what I want to achieve, albeit
five times: 5 times 8 is 40, remember), all the explanations in the text
omit to explain how I get more than 2 source pages onto 1 destination
page. I have tried increasing the destination page size (spread size), but
that doesn't help at all.

Anybody out there who can tell me what I am doing wrong?
* Dr. Mark Mattingley-Scott  +49-6221-59-4374/3300     *

2. Urgent Help!!

3. How to get an A4 image to 2 x A5 on an A4 sheet

4. Need help with IK!!

5. Printing A5 pages on A4 with special numbering

6. Canny Filter

7. printing a5 on a4

8. Q: CMYK-JPEG positive/negative problem

9. Double Sided Printing

10. Double-sided printing ?

11. double side printing ??

12. Gnuplot pslatex figs with A4 *and* A5 paper

13. A4 spreads in A5 book pagemaker 6.0