Change in printer’s alters publication

Post by Nick Penlebu » Wed, 19 Sep 2001 06:26:24

Recently we have moved office. This move involved us taking our
original computers and hooking them up to a new server with Hewlett
Packard 2200 DTN printers (we used to use VERY old apple laser
writers).

We have a lot of work that have been created with templates that have
all the corporate styles set up with in them for the company that we
work for.

Once we got the old computers up and running on new server we removed
the old printer drivers and then installed the new HP network printer
drivers. Also I made sure that the correct PPD file was in the right
place so that it can be chosen in the PageMaker print menu.

The only problem we now have, (and to me it seems quite strange) is
that some of the documents that are currently work in progress which
have been created with the templates have had some of the page lay out
change when work has continued on them. When you go in to the document
and re-set the styles then the page layout returns.

At the moment this only seems to happen to the documents where the
PageMaker styles have been used to create the whole publication!

If any one could tell me what is happening then I would be most
grateful.

Yours in Lame Need Nick…

Change in printer’s alters publication

Post by J. Costell » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:54:34

This is MOST likely the reason:

The "compose to" printer that is set up for the PM doc should be installed
on your system. Even if it is not physically connected to your system... in
which case you would set up the printer to "print to file" rather than LPT1.

Once you've set the "compose to" printer for a publication, resist the urge
to change it. BTW, just because a PM publication is "composed to" a printer
does not mean that you cannot print to any other printer that is physically
installed on your system.

--
J. Costello

Quote:> Recently we have moved office. This move involved us taking our
> original computers and hooking them up to a new server with Hewlett
> Packard 2200 DTN printers (we used to use VERY old apple laser
> writers).

> We have a lot of work that have been created with templates that have
> all the corporate styles set up with in them for the company that we
> work for.

> Once we got the old computers up and running on new server we removed
> the old printer drivers and then installed the new HP network printer
> drivers. Also I made sure that the correct PPD file was in the right
> place so that it can be chosen in the PageMaker print menu.

> The only problem we now have, (and to me it seems quite strange) is
> that some of the documents that are currently work in progress which
> have been created with the templates have had some of the page lay out
> change when work has continued on them. When you go in to the document
> and re-set the styles then the page layout returns.

> At the moment this only seems to happen to the documents where the
> PageMaker styles have been used to create the whole publication!

> If any one could tell me what is happening then I would be most
> grateful.

> Yours in Lame Need Nick…

1. Experienced RenderMan Lighting and Shading TD’s Needed In London

Vanguard Animation is hiring experienced Lighting and Shading
TD’s to work on Valiant. This is the first studio backed, 3D
animated feature in Europe and will be starting production this
autumn.  As the show will be done at Ealing Studios in London,
England, you must hold a passport from a country in either the
European Union or the British Commonwealth.  Ideally, you have
experience with Maya or Houdini, a penchant for problem solving and
great attention to detail.  At this time, we are only accepting reels
from applicants with at least 2 years RenderMan production experience.

If you are interested in applying for these positions, please e-mail

in your subject line: “RenderMan TD”.   (If you are
applying for a lighting position and you have experience with
painting, lighting live action or studio photography, please be sure
to include examples of that work as well.)  In addition, to ensure
that your reel receives our immediate attention, please immediately
send us a CV, Shot List and Reel to:

RenderMan TD
Vanguard Animation
Ealing Studios
Ealing Green
London W5 5EP

2. An alle 3D User in K?ln

3. First Publication - Printer Problems

4. still doesn′t work

5. Changing default printer screen.

6. Adding ICC profiles in PS5

7. monitor to printer color changes

8. Fonts changes to printers default fonts - partially

9. Changing PS printers reflows text?

10. how to change Printer's margins?