Req:The best way to make slides

Post by Whut » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

<< Hi there,
I want to make slide show for my lecture. What kind of programm is the
best for this? Here around people used to make them in Powerpoint97. In
this case I don't like to use MS Office.
Looking for your advice,
Alexander

I am NOT an advocate for Microsoft applications due to the fact that my role in
the industry is prepress. However, Powerpoint is a great tool for novice users.

If your presentations will be off a lap top or self running application on
screen, I'd get past your reservations on PowerPoint.

If however your printing to slides on a color printer, and you care about
quality and accurate colors, stick with an application your more framiliar
with, and render the files out as individual TIFF, PICT or JPEG slides to be
merged into an excellent application called Graphic Converter. I can't remember
where I got it, but I could find out if youre interested (it's available as
shareware). It has a simple slide show funtion in it.

More robust applications for use in the same way would be Macromedia Director
(Steep learning curve, and pricey), or Macromedia Flash (free demo available as
a download).

Post by Colin Wilso » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> << Hi there,
> I want to make slide show for my lecture. What kind of programm is the
> best for this? Here around people used to make them in Powerpoint97. In
> this case I don't like to use MS Office.
> Looking for your advice,
> Alexander

 <snip>

If you are making actual 35mm slides for projection, you can use any
program that will output Postscript (most slide recorders are Postscript
now). All you need to do is set up a 3x2 ratio page size.

I've used all of Corel Draw, Pagemaker and Powerpoint for this very
easily.

An easy way of making a basic slide show from *any* program for computer
projection is to output your files to Acrobat, and then run Acrobat full
screen, changing pages using the Page Up and Page Down keys.

Cheers
Colin Wilson

Req:The best way to make slides

Post by J. DENNIS M. ARCE » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello! If you don't want to use MS Powerpoint you have another option and
its called SCALA (MM100 or MM200) MultiMedia Presentation and Authoring
Software. I used it four years ago and was not aware of Powerpoint that
time. Its a good program.!
Hope this helps!

J. Dennis

Quote:> << Hi there,
> I want to make slide show for my lecture. What kind of programm is the
> best for this? Here around people used to make them in Powerpoint97. In
> this case I don't like to use MS Office.
> Looking for your advice,
> Alexander

> I am NOT an advocate for Microsoft applications due to the fact that my
role in
> the industry is prepress. However, Powerpoint is a great tool for novice
users.

> If your presentations will be off a lap top or self running application
on
> screen, I'd get past your reservations on PowerPoint.

> If however your printing to slides on a color printer, and you care about
> quality and accurate colors, stick with an application your more
framiliar
> with, and render the files out as individual TIFF, PICT or JPEG slides to
be
> merged into an excellent application called Graphic Converter. I can't
remember
> where I got it, but I could find out if youre interested (it's available
as
> shareware). It has a simple slide show funtion in it.

> More robust applications for use in the same way would be Macromedia
Director
> (Steep learning curve, and pricey), or Macromedia Flash (free demo
available as
> a download).

1. Req: Ways of anti-aliasing and motion blurring polygons

My final year (degree) project in on Anti-aliasing and Motion Blur.
I'm currently after some good examples to contrast and compare existing
approaches with the approach done by my project.

NB - anti-aliasing/blurring angular POLYGONS only, no curves or anything,
and NO TEXTURES - just flat-shaded polygons.

I have read that there are three basic methods of anti-aliasing:
1) super-sampling
2) (can't rememeber the name but) basically considering the area under
each pixel exactly (this is where my algorithm lies)
3) statochastic something or other (I don't have the book to hand
unfortunately!), and general Fourier stuff

So I'm after some standard examples in each of these categories (URLs, or
book references, or just infomation about the way video cards/software
companies/consoles/arcade machines tend to do this).

Thank you in advance - I appreciate your help!

--
David Hampson

Uni Page : http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ma6djh/

2. Problem with Palette.

3. Q: Better ways to assign color?

4. Sample with glDrawPixels?

5. calibration..Screen to Printer How, best ways etc.

6. Why do you see multiple images during animation?

7. SPEED--best ways to boost a PM6100?

8. designers only

9. Q: The best ways to convert QuickTime to FLI/FLC

10. SPEED--best ways to boost a PM6100AV?

11. Help on making high quality color slide

12. Help on making high quality slide