multiple page to one document

Post by Raymo » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:28:19

I have been given a 67 page catalog made in PM 6.5. Each page has been
saved as a individual file. I have PM 7 and want to put these pages
into one document. Is there a simple way to do this?

multiple page to one document

Post by Pegg » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:04:49

Greetings --

Quote:> I have been given a 67 page catalog made in PM 6.5. Each page has been
> saved as a individual file. I have PM 7 and want to put these pages
> into one document. Is there a simple way to do this?

Book 'em, Danno ... er, Raymond. Open the file in PM, and use the book
function (Utilities -> Book ..., NOT the Build Booklet plug-in!) to make a
book. _Then_ use the Build Booklet plug-in (Utilities -> Build Booklet ...)
to "impose" them one-up on the original page size. This creates a new
document, which you can name with a new filename. Be sure to check "Use all
documents in book" or whatever it says - I haven't used PM in a while.

Let us know how it goes.

Peggy

multiple page to one document

Post by Mazla » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:15:33

Have you tried the Book feature?

| I have been given a 67 page catalog made in PM 6.5. Each page has been
| saved as a individual file. I have PM 7 and want to put these pages
| into one document. Is there a simple way to do this?

multiple page to one document

Post by Raymo » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 13:01:57

The 67 files created in PM 6.5 are not recognized in the file list in
the book feature of PM 7.

The book feature works, but I still would have to open each file and
then save each file as a PM 7 file.

Any suggestions???

multiple page to one document

Post by Gordon Wool » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 21:41:18

If you are on PC, just change the file names to a .pmd extension (keep
copies just in case).

On a Mac you'd have to change the creator code and it starts to get
complex.

Quote:>The 67 files created in PM 6.5 are not recognized in the file list in

--
Gordon Woolf
The Worsley Press <www.worsleypress.com>

multiple page to one document

Post by Sherry - PIP Printin » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 22:41:39

Quote:> If you are on PC, just change the file names to a .pmd extension (keep
> copies just in case).

> On a Mac you'd have to change the creator code and it starts to get
> complex.

Hi Gordon :)

I found a great little shareware program to do this for you called Quick
Convert and it is almost *ly easy to use.  You can choose a file from
your hard drive that has the correct header you want to use as a template so
you don't need to know the creator abbreviations.

You can download it on www.tucows.com.

It gets a little naggy if you forget to register but it's only 5 bucks and
I've found it VERY useful for changing mac headers -- especially those that
get lost during internet transfer.

multiple page to one document

Post by Lyn Egglest » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 00:13:07

Ray - I know it is going to be tedious, but if you create a new PM
file with 67 pages, then open each existing PM6.5 file (which PM7
should recognise) then you can copy and paste between open PM docs.
Starting off with a fresh PM doc is a good way to avoid corruption
problems too.

> The 67 files created in PM 6.5 are not recognized in the file list in
> the book feature of PM 7.

> The book feature works, but I still would have to open each file and
> then save each file as a PM 7 file.

> Any suggestions???

multiple page to one document

Post by Raymo » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:41:03

This is what I ended up doing. It was a pain. Thank you!

> Ray - I know it is going to be tedious, but if you create a new PM
> file with 67 pages, then open each existing PM6.5 file (which PM7
> should recognise) then you can copy and paste between open PM docs.
> Starting off with a fresh PM doc is a good way to avoid corruption
> problems too.

> > The 67 files created in PM 6.5 are not recognized in the file list in
> > the book feature of PM 7.

> > The book feature works, but I still would have to open each file and
> > then save each file as a PM 7 file.

> > Any suggestions???

multiple page to one document

Post by Raymo » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:43:36

I am on a PC, and even with the file name change it would not go into
a booklet format. Thanks for your help! I cut and pasted a page at a
time.

-Raymond

> If you are on PC, just change the file names to a .pmd extension (keep
> copies just in case).

> On a Mac you'd have to change the creator code and it starts to get
> complex.

> >The 67 files created in PM 6.5 are not recognized in the file list in
> >the book feature of PM 7.

> >The book feature works, but I still would have to open each file and
> >then save each file as a PM 7 file.

> >Any suggestions???

1. exporting multiple documents into one PDF

Is it possible to create a PDF of only select pages from multiple documents?

Here's what I've done without any luck - I have gathered the publications
using the Utilities/Book command.  I have gone to File/Export/Adobe PDF but
my problem is that I only want to include a few pages from each publication
in the PDF, not all the pages.  When I go to Pages/Ranges, and type in the
page numbers/ranges that I want and try to export them, it says "the current
page range does not contain acceptable values".  That seems to be because
the pages I entered aren't all in the current publication, but they are in
the publications that are linked to the first one to create the book.  So my
question is, is it possible to create a PDF of only select pages from
multiple documents?  If it is possible, how?

2. 3d Graphics help

3. Quark: Making Multiple Page Documents

4. What's wrong with this zoom - frac.zip (0/1)

5. Printing Multiple Images On One Page - Any Suggestions ?

6. Looking for 3D (Stereo) animations

7. multiple images on one page

8. glBindTexture??

9. Multiple prints on one page?

10. Multiple single TIFFs into one Multi Page TIF?

11. Multiple images to one printed page?

12. Printing Multiple Images On One Page

13. Multiple Plots on one page