anyone tried epson stylus color pro xl ????

anyone tried epson stylus color pro xl ????

Post by J.P. and/or Valerie Purswe » Wed, 27 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I understand Epson has a new oversize hi-res  inkjet printer out.  It does not
seem to be available thru most vendors - only those sellling to the graphics
market.  I was curious to know if anyone had tried it out and had an
evaluation of it (s)he would like to share.  If you want to just send me an
email, I'll summarize any responses I get and post the reviews together so as
to not use up a lot of bandwidth in this PM list on a specific printer.

Thanks in advance...

JP

anyone tried epson stylus color pro xl ????

Post by HWG » Thu, 28 Dec 1995 04:00:00

No

anyone tried epson stylus color pro xl ????

Post by Michael Marquet » Fri, 29 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I understand Epson has a new oversize hi-res  inkjet printer out.  It does not
>seem to be available thru most vendors - only those sellling to the graphics
>market.  I was curious to know if anyone had tried it out and had an
>evaluation of it (s)he would like to share.  If you want to just send me an
>email, I'll summarize any responses I get and post the reviews together so as
>to not use up a lot of bandwidth in this PM list on a specific printer.
>Thanks in advance...
>JP

I saw it at Comdex and was VERY impressed with the output, but it is a
bit slow (all processing is done at the host).  The next best
comparable printer was the Lexmark JetPrinter Plus.  It is much
faster, comes with PS RIP built in with 4mb RAM.  Only 360dpi though.

***Michael

Post by Peter J.Ban » Wed, 03 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>>I understand Epson has a new oversize hi-res  inkjet printer out.  It does not
>>seem to be available thru most vendors - only those sellling to the graphics
>>market.  I was curious to know if anyone had tried it out and had an
>>evaluation of it (s)he would like to share.  If you want to just send me an
>>email, I'll summarize any responses I get and post the reviews together so as
>>to not use up a lot of bandwidth in this PM list on a specific printer.

>>Thanks in advance...

>>JP

>I saw it at Comdex and was VERY impressed with the output, but it is a
>bit slow (all processing is done at the host).  The next best
>comparable printer was the Lexmark JetPrinter Plus.  It is much
>faster, comes with PS RIP built in with 4mb RAM.  Only 360dpi though.

>***Michael

I went to the dealer release in New Zealand about 3 months ago and saw
a sample print on a A3 sheet of paper. I was most impressed with the
qualitity but like most computer printers the result is in the
eye of the beholder. Apparently the new technology simulates 2 x 720dpi
print but Epson will not be promoting it as such. This is according to
Epson (NZ) Ltd. I use the version one model of the A4 colour stylus and
I'm satified with the prints for pre press samples.

Hope to about your replies.

1. FS: Epson Stylus Pro XL (13x19 720dpi color), Supplies

For Sale:

Complete high-end, large-format printing system with hard-to-find
supplies.

Epson Stylus Pro XL (max size 13x19, Tabloid size, super A3/B, and
everything below). Compatible with Mac or PC.

720 DPI Color (24 bits per pixel)

Incredible output. Photorealistic quality.

Used only a few times. Costs $1500+ new. Make offer.

Also available:

3 color, 3 black ink cartridges.
100 sheets 13x19 high-gloss Epson paper
100 sheets 13x19 720dpi Epson paper
100 sheets 11x17 high-gloss Epson paper
100 sheets 11x17 720dpi Epson paper
200 sheets 8.5x11 high-gloss Epson paper
500 sheets 8.5x11 720dpi Epson paper

Total value of supplies is $469 from Epson.

Selling price negotiable. Reply via email only.

Geoff

2. Limit on size of GL nurbs surface?

3. Lightwave - Any good?

4. Help! First transformation Keyframe

5. FA: Epson Stylus Pro XL printer

6. DirectX applications, More than games?

7. Epson Stylus Pro XL -- Blowout?

8. Epson Stylus Pro XL PS rip?

9. Epson Stylus COlor vs Stylus Pro

10. FS: Epson Stylus Pro XL