Reversed text on a non-postscript printer in PM6.52

Reversed text on a non-postscript printer in PM6.52

Post by José Verstapp » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 13:13:57

I seem to have problems with PM6.52 (Windows), printing to a
non-postscript printer when I try to reverse text or boxes out on a
dark background.

On my HP LaserJet 4, a reversed block on a dark background prints as
white, but reversed text on a black background does not. All works
fine with this printer using its postscript mode.

When I try to print to a (non-postscript) HP LaserJet 5, neither
reserved text nor a white box on a black background prints properly.
Any way to address this?

I have to upgrade one of my printers (likely to a Xerox copier/printer
combination machine), and would like to make sure that this will
problem will not occur there.

Thanks,
Jose

Reversed text on a non-postscript printer in PM6.52

Post by Richard K. Schaf » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

FWIW... I find that setting a non-postscrpit printer properties setup
(driver) to "Print Truetype Fonts as Graphics" (or somthing
similardepending on the driver) will correct this problem.

>I seem to have problems with PM6.52 (Windows), printing to a
>non-postscript printer when I try to reverse text or boxes out on a
>dark background.

>On my HP LaserJet 4, a reversed block on a dark background prints as
>white, but reversed text on a black background does not. All works
>fine with this printer using its postscript mode.

>When I try to print to a (non-postscript) HP LaserJet 5, neither
>reserved text nor a white box on a black background prints properly.
>Any way to address this?

>I have to upgrade one of my printers (likely to a Xerox copier/printer
>combination machine), and would like to make sure that this will
>problem will not occur there.

>Thanks,
>Jose

Reversed text on a non-postscript printer in PM6.52

Post by Bo Hanse » Sun, 27 Aug 2000 09:52:17

Quote:> >On my HP LaserJet 4, a reversed block on a dark background prints as
> >white, but reversed text on a black background does not.

Two tricks that might work:

1. Rotate the text slightly (0,01 degree). The rotation is not visible
    to the eye but forces the the text to be printed as graphics.

2. Make the text 1% of the background colour instead of
    "paper".

Bo Hansen

1. PostScript/OLE error PM6.52 in Win2K

Don't know where else to go with this so I'll try one more time...

I have a 10-page newsletter with embedded Word documents on pages 3, 7 and
9. Page 3, with two embedded Word tables, will not print correctly to
PostScript. What happens is that the second table, which is at the bottom of
the page, moves up to the middle of the page, flush left with the page edge.
I tried putting the table in a frame, but then the table doesn't print at
all.

There is one embedded table on page 9. This table gets relocated when
printed ONLY when the page is printed at the same time as the previous page
(which has large graphics but no OLE objects) -- when the page is printed
alone or along with page 10 then the table prints in the correct position.
When I try to print page 9 along with the previous 2 pages I get a typecheck
error from 'setcolor'.

No apparent problems with the table on page 7.

At first I thought this was a distiller problem, but it occurs with PS
output to printers, too.

I installed the latest PS driver from Adobe when I upgraded from Win98 to
Win2K (I never installed the v.4.11 PS driver from the CD).

I have 'maximum' memory freed for graphics in PostScript options.

No problem printing to a non-PS printer.

Any idea what could be causing these problems and what needs to be done to
overcome them? Is this something PM 7 is supposed to fix?

I tried the InDesign 2.0 eval, but it doesn't do OLE and does a lousy job of
importing my Word tables.

Thanks for any enlightenment,

nf

2. Ink Jet Printing

3. HP PostScript works but not in PM6.52

4. image pages

5. is there text tool shortcut? pm6.52

6. SGI pointer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

7. ISO: Printing postscript files on Non Postscript printers?

8. Postscript Driver for Non-Postscript "Printer"?

9. Mac OS8.5/PM6.52 Font Printing Problem

10. printing problem, W95B, PM6.52, HPLaserJet6L

11. Win2K and PM6.52?

12. Problem with PDF output in PM6.52