Advice: Crooked Forms?

Post by TC » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 04:55:28

I have created a two page "application form" in Adobe PageMaker 7.0 (Demo
Version). When I save it to PDF using Adobe's free online services and print
it, it prints out slightly crooked. Secondly, depending on what "zoom in"
percent in the PDF, I can see lines of corners overlap even though they
clearly do not overlap in the Adobe PageMaker file. If you have any advice
on either problem (specifically the printing crooked one) it would be
greatly appreciated.

PS: I called Adobe and they asked me if I know anyone with the full version
of PageMaker to create a PDF for me because the online system is known to
have some*ups at times. So if you have the full version, please let me
know.

Many Thanks

Advice: Crooked Forms?

Post by Ron Bloche » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:11:02

I use the full version of Adobe Acrobat on both the Mac and the PC. Version
4.0 on the Mac and 5.0 on the PC. I've never seen a crooked page, but the
overlapping is seen quite often on both platforms. When seen in PageMaker
the lines appear perfect with no overlaps and printout from both PageMaker
and Acrobat seem perfect. It's only the monitor version that shows the
overlap.

Ron Blocher

Quote:> I have created a two page "application form" in Adobe PageMaker 7.0 (Demo
> Version). When I save it to PDF using Adobe's free online services and
print
> it, it prints out slightly crooked. Secondly, depending on what "zoom in"
> percent in the PDF, I can see lines of corners overlap even though they
> clearly do not overlap in the Adobe PageMaker file. If you have any advice
> on either problem (specifically the printing crooked one) it would be
> greatly appreciated.

> PS: I called Adobe and they asked me if I know anyone with the full
version
> of PageMaker to create a PDF for me because the online system is known to
> have some*ups at times. So if you have the full version, please let
me
> know.

> Many Thanks

1. Crooked Rectangular Gradients (PSP 7.04)

Hi all,

Here's a weird one for ya... Suddenly my rectangular gradients are all
crooked! As in: http://www.iki.fi/tape/graphics/stuff/gradrect.png
And when I flood fill a non-square image with one:
http://www.iki.fi/tape/graphics/stuff/gradrect2.png

Also, some gradients look jaggy in sunburst & radial mode, e.g.
Transparent Sky:
http://www.iki.fi/tape/graphics/stuff/gradsunburst.png
http://www.iki.fi/tape/graphics/stuff/gradradial.png

I've tried deleting my gradient cache, restarting, etc. but to no avail.
I have Windows 98 and the International English version of PSP.

Tanja Saily

2. Stereoscopic 3D using Lightwave.

3. how do i correct a crooked image?

4. ??Concern over info

5. Drawing crooked lines

6. Simple question on PC animation s/w

7. Straightening "Crooked" Scans

8. detection of crooked/broken line segments from a noisy image

9. Drawing crooked lines and crossings outlined - how?

10. scanned image slightly crooked

11. tcanvas.lineto() drawing crooked lines

12. questions on GL,Inventor,OpenGl and forms and Forms Bug