INDD Text and Objects Won't Appear Black

INDD Text and Objects Won't Appear Black

Post by Luke Veru » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:49:25

That, in a nutshell, is my problem. I'm using 1.5, and I'm getting about 80%
grey text and INDD-created objects. I've tried every setting I can find,
including moving every tint slider to zero saturation, but none of my color
settings appear black. My gradient slider is the same. BUT my imported
graphics look fine, so it's not my monitor.

I finally have had to open a new file and cut and paste everything into it.
It's okay so far, but I'm working on a deadline with fairly large
publications, so you can imagine what a misery this is. I'm just worried it
will happen again, and I have NO idea how to fix it.

Luke

INDD Text and Objects Won't Appear Black

Post by Michael Steven » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:15:29

Not positive but I'd check your color management settings. I've found
that for solid color Relative works well and Absolute is a must for
photos.

I'm using all the default ID profiles under "Document Settings" and
for "Application Settings".

Mike

Quote:>That, in a nutshell, is my problem. I'm using 1.5, and I'm getting about 80%
>grey text and INDD-created objects. I've tried every setting I can find,
>including moving every tint slider to zero saturation, but none of my color
>settings appear black. My gradient slider is the same. BUT my imported
>graphics look fine, so it's not my monitor.

>I finally have had to open a new file and cut and paste everything into it.
>It's okay so far, but I'm working on a deadline with fairly large
>publications, so you can imagine what a misery this is. I'm just worried it
>will happen again, and I have NO idea how to fix it.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

>Luke

1. PM 6.0 text in master won't appear in TOC

-I am using PageMaker 6.0.  All my documents use master pages.  I have one
line of text in every publication in a master page that I would like to have
appear in my table of contents.
-I open the publication, go to master page view, select the line of text, go
to Type-->Paragraph, and check the "Include in table of contents" box.
-When I go to Utilities-->Generate TOC, nothing is created.
Any ideas?  Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

2. SGI 320s - Poor .mov Playback Perf With MS Media Player 6.1

3. line won't appear in Harvard Graphics

4. Truespace 2 demo problems

5. Why won't the filters appear?

6. Working Space Setting

7. Some Objects don't appear when printing with Corel Draw 8

8. Spline For Animation Path

9. Epson 700 Won't Print Black

10. Eraser Is BLACK and won't change!

11. reverse on black won't print!