Pagemaker, Powertone/duotones/colornames

Pagemaker, Powertone/duotones/colornames

Post by Chris van Buijte » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 09:19:09

I've a Pagemaker 6.52 document with a duotone in it with the colors
'Black' and PANTONE 3275 CVC).

The duotone is generated with the Powertone Photoshop Plugin, which
generates a DCS-file from which the preview is placed in Pagemaker.

When I color seperate this file only the 'PANTONE' film is printed.

When I name 'Black' to '[Black]' in Powertone Pagemaker color seperates
the duotone allright. The drawback with this is that Pagemaker gives a
warning when the duotone is placed.

Anyone has a workaround/solution for this.

BTW is also tried to color seperate the same duotone in the same way
with XPress and that worked ok.

Thanks,
Chris van Buijten
Studio 2C

p.s. IO use the Dutch version of Pagemaker so 'Black' is called 'Zwart'
so I translated the above color names for clarity.

Post by Peter Huisma » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 10:40:56

> I've a Pagemaker 6.52 document with a duotone in it with the colors
> 'Black' and PANTONE 3275 CVC).

> The duotone is generated with the Powertone Photoshop Plugin, which
> generates a DCS-file from which the preview is placed in Pagemaker.

> When I color seperate this file only the 'PANTONE' film is printed.

> When I name 'Black' to '[Black]' in Powertone Pagemaker color seperates
> the duotone allright. The drawback with this is that Pagemaker gives a
> warning when the duotone is placed.

> Anyone has a workaround/solution for this.

> BTW is also tried to color seperate the same duotone in the same way
> with XPress and that worked ok.

> Thanks,
> Chris van Buijten
> Studio 2C

> p.s. IO use the Dutch version of Pagemaker so 'Black' is called 'Zwart'
> so I translated the above color names for clarity.

And Photoshop is English? If so, try and make a new color in Pagemaker
called Black. In English. Use that one.

If that doesn't work, try and convert the duotone into CMYK. Yes full
color printing I know...

I am curious about the warning Pagemaker gives though.

Groetjes uit de USA:>)))
Peter

Pagemaker, Powertone/duotones/colornames

Post by Chris van Buijte » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 19:20:02

All software is in dutch (PS, PM), and the color names correspond with
each other (checked it in de seperate DCS/EPS files with with a plain
text editor).

Strangely the problem is linked to the 'Black/Zwart' spotcolor because
when I make a duotone which 2 different spot color e.q. (red1,blue1)
both spotcolor plates are rendered ok...

??????????

Quote:

Post by Jen » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 00:30:06

> All software is in dutch (PS, PM), and the color names correspond with
> each other (checked it in de seperate DCS/EPS files with with a plain
> text editor).

> Strangely the problem is linked to the 'Black/Zwart' spotcolor because
> when I make a duotone which 2 different spot color e.q. (red1,blue1)
> both spotcolor plates are rendered ok...

I havent' used Powertone, though I considered purchasing it. Since I use
  PageMaker (it's old now--no updates in so long) I decided against it. My
  guess would be that PageMaker considers Black a default color (you can't
  remove black no matter what!) and so it's not assigned as a color like
other
  colors. That's maybe why the other spot colors are rendered okay. I bet
the
  definitions of black in Powertone are not recognized by PageMaker. Adobe's
  answer would probably be....Get InDesign.

  Jen

1. Duotones in Pagemaker, HOW?

Does anybody here have experience with importing an EPS file (CYMK or duotone) into Pagemaker 5
on the Mac, and print the correct colorseparations? Is seems that Pagemaker flattens everything
into one layer! The other layers are empty! Who can help?

<<A>>

2. Speed Up Texture Mapping

3. duotone export for import into PageMaker

4. questions about deriving inventor shape node

5. Pagemaker 5.0 to Pagemaker 4.2

6. 3ds en réseau, c'est quoi ?

7. Pagemaker 6.5 and Pagemaker 6.5 Plus

8. PageMaker is still PageMaker

9. Can Pagemaker 6.5 read files in Pagemaker 4?

10. pagemaker vs. pagemaker plus

11. diff between pagemaker & pagemaker+

12. Opening PageMaker 6.5 PC files in PageMaker 6.5 on a Mac