PDF Files - Illegal Operation error when creating in 6.52

PDF Files - Illegal Operation error when creating in 6.52

Post by Frank Soude » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 05:16:05

I'm new to Pagemaker 6.52 and have been using Adobe Classroom in a Book to
learn how to use it. In chapter 9 it gives instructions on creating PDF
files. When I click on "Export to PDF" the program asks where I want to save
it, starts to distill, and then comes back with the message that the program
has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. I tried exporting
to just a post script file, but the same error occurs. Some of the smaller
projects I can export to PDF files. Chapter 4 in the book has a relatively
small piece which exports quite successfully. Looks like I'm running up
against some memory limit. I have 128 mb of RAM, and a good 20 gigs of free
disk space. I'm using version 4.31.059 of Adobe's post script driver.

PDF Files - Illegal Operation error when creating in 6.52

Post by Wayne Swee » Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:16:17

This will not help, but I am getting the very same crash in the very same CH
9 file. Also when I tried to convert another PM document, a newsletter, it
resulted in errors that stopped the conversion, but not the death shutdown.
I have 256 MB of RAM.
Still working on it.
Wayne

Quote:> I'm new to Pagemaker 6.52 and have been using Adobe Classroom in a Book to
> learn how to use it. In chapter 9 it gives instructions on creating PDF
> files. When I click on "Export to PDF" the program asks where I want to
save
> it, starts to distill, and then comes back with the message that the
program
> has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. I tried
exporting
> to just a post script file, but the same error occurs. Some of the smaller
> projects I can export to PDF files. Chapter 4 in the book has a relatively
> small piece which exports quite successfully. Looks like I'm running up
> against some memory limit. I have 128 mb of RAM, and a good 20 gigs of
free
> disk space. I'm using version 4.31.059 of Adobe's post script driver.

PDF Files - Illegal Operation error when creating in 6.52

Post by Jane Krate Dud » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 02:32:28

What version of Distiller are you using? Older versions crash when saving with
long filenames or any spaces in the name. Try distilling using the
eight-dot-three convention, or downloading a more recent Distiller from Adobe.

> This will not help, but I am getting the very same crash in the very same CH
> 9 file. Also when I tried to convert another PM document, a newsletter, it
> resulted in errors that stopped the conversion, but not the death shutdown.
> I have 256 MB of RAM.
> Still working on it.
> Wayne

> > I'm new to Pagemaker 6.52 and have been using Adobe Classroom in a Book to
> > learn how to use it. In chapter 9 it gives instructions on creating PDF
> > files. When I click on "Export to PDF" the program asks where I want to
> save
> > it, starts to distill, and then comes back with the message that the
> program
> > has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. I tried
> exporting
> > to just a post script file, but the same error occurs. Some of the smaller
> > projects I can export to PDF files. Chapter 4 in the book has a relatively
> > small piece which exports quite successfully. Looks like I'm running up
> > against some memory limit. I have 128 mb of RAM, and a good 20 gigs of
> free
> > disk space. I'm using version 4.31.059 of Adobe's post script driver.

1. "Illegal operation" and PM 6.52

Since upgrading two users to Windows 95 and PageMaker 6.52, we have
received complaints from both of them about getting "This program have
performed an illegal operation..." GPFs.  There may be more than one
program running, but PageMaker is always in the thick of things.

I am going to try and make sure their WIN.INI files aren't too big
(per Adobe's "Check Common Causes" document), but does anyone have any
other suggestions?

Tom Kustner                   Emjay Corporation
System/LAN Administrator      Glendale, WI  53209-6509   USA
Any opinions are mine and not necessarily those of Emjay Corp.

2. FYI: Computer Games at Work

3. PM 6.52 not placing some PDF files

4. Pov: Rendering Parts of my Picture

5. Can't Place PDF File in 6.52

6. Bilinear filtering question

7. POV Illegal Operation Error?

8. pixel fonts

9. error message from pic viewer , explorer porformed illegal operation and closes

10. illegal floating point operation error in opengl callsi

11. illegal floating point operation error in opengl calls

12. Any Clues-Illegal Operation Errors