Can I seperate Tiffs from a PM5 file?

Post by Davi » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I am not too familiar with Pagemaker but am trying to help out a
friend who has PM5 running under Win 95.

The problem is there is a 16 page A5 booklet with tiffs and text etc.
The total size of the file is nearly 4 meg. This is because all the
graphics are placed in the document. As they do not exist except
withing the document (don't ask me why) is the any way I can seperate
these graphic files from the main PM document? This would leave me
with a PM file plus a heap of graphic files which we should be able to
put on floppies more easily.

Hope this makes sense and that someone can help out.

Many thanks

David

Can I seperate Tiffs from a PM5 file?

Post by Charles Gigue » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

PM5 will correctly print separations of TIFF files if they are in CMYK
format only.  If the TIFF files are in RGB format, PM5 will print them on
the black plate only.

You can use Photoshop (or a similar app) to convert TIFF files from RGB to CMYK.

Charles.

> I am not too familiar with Pagemaker but am trying to help out a
> friend who has PM5 running under Win 95.

> The problem is there is a 16 page A5 booklet with tiffs and text etc.
> The total size of the file is nearly 4 meg. This is because all the
> graphics are placed in the document. As they do not exist except
> withing the document (don't ask me why) is the any way I can seperate
> these graphic files from the main PM document? This would leave me
> with a PM file plus a heap of graphic files which we should be able to
> put on floppies more easily.

> Hope this makes sense and that someone can help out.

> Many thanks

> David

Can I seperate Tiffs from a PM5 file?

Post by Davi » Fri, 26 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Soory I think I used the wrong term to describe what I want to do.
The PM5 file has tiffs "embedded" in it. They do not exist else where.
I would like to removed them from the original document and let them
stand on their own so that I have easier access to them i.e. for
transport on floppies, use in other docs etc.

Post by JEWISH VEGETARIA » Thu, 02 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Soory I think I used the wrong term to describe what I want to do.
> The PM5 file has tiffs "embedded" in it. They do not exist else where.
> I would like to removed them from the original document and let them
> stand on their own so that I have easier access to them i.e. for
> transport on floppies, use in other docs etc.

Why don't you just select the picture, copy it, and paste it into
Windows 95 Paint, Vidfun, or another graphics program?

> >PM5 will correctly print separations of TIFF files if they are in CMYK
> >format only.  If the TIFF files are in RGB format, PM5 will print them on
> >the black plate only.

> >You can use Photoshop (or a similar app) to convert TIFF files from RGB to CMYK.

> >Charles.

> >> I am not too familiar with Pagemaker but am trying to help out a
> >> friend who has PM5 running under Win 95.

> >> The problem is there is a 16 page A5 booklet with tiffs and text etc.
> >> The total size of the file is nearly 4 meg. This is because all the
> >> graphics are placed in the document. As they do not exist except
> >> withing the document (don't ask me why) is the any way I can seperate
> >> these graphic files from the main PM document? This would leave me
> >> with a PM file plus a heap of graphic files which we should be able to
> >> put on floppies more easily.

> >> Hope this makes sense and that someone can help out.

> >> Many thanks

> >> David

Can I seperate Tiffs from a PM5 file?

Post by Lars Rolande » Mon, 06 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I Think that if You check Your TIFF file You can copy it to the clipboard,
and then paste it into a graphics program to be saved from there to a
floppy or Your hard disk. Or if You have a graphics program that uses OLE,
You can have that open alongside PM and drag a picture from PM onto it, and
a copy will appear there, and You can save from that.
Thats one way I can think of.
Good luck
Lars Rolander

Quote:> Soory I think I used the wrong term to describe what I want to do.
> The PM5 file has tiffs "embedded" in it. They do not exist else where.
> I would like to removed them from the original document and let them
> stand on their own so that I have easier access to them i.e. for
> transport on floppies, use in other docs etc.

Can I seperate Tiffs from a PM5 file?

Post by Luc Desaulnie » Tue, 07 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Yes you can if the TIFF file was completely placed (embedded) into your PM
document when you placed it (not just linked). If so, click on your image,
go under "File" and select "Export".

--Luc

> I Think that if You check Your TIFF file You can copy it to the clipboard,
> and then paste it into a graphics program to be saved from there to a
> floppy or Your hard disk. Or if You have a graphics program that uses OLE,
> You can have that open alongside PM and drag a picture from PM onto it, and
> a copy will appear there, and You can save from that.
> Thats one way I can think of.
> Good luck
> Lars Rolander

> > Soory I think I used the wrong term to describe what I want to do.
> > The PM5 file has tiffs "embedded" in it. They do not exist else where.
> > I would like to removed them from the original document and let them
> > stand on their own so that I have easier access to them i.e. for
> > transport on floppies, use in other docs etc.

1. TIFF file changes within PM5

Hi Cheng,

you can open the file and click then on SETUP (I hope this is the right in the english version).
Here you can click on EDIT IMAGE or something like that. And here you can choose
some setups for your pictures. This is only for bitmaps, EPS will be handeled
as a normal vector grphic.

Maybe, there is something changed, that makes your effects.

Olaf Bottek

2. open gl question

3. Single TIFF-Files to Multiple TIFF-File

4. Help Needed running gnuplot

5. Make tiff background transparent in PM5

6. Q on area_light

7. cdraw 5 file-->pm5 file???

8. Bad Quality TIFFs from PM5 & 6

9. Can't place TIFF (PM5 Mac)

10. PM5...can't import TIFFs

11. lack of transparent backrounds/PM5 and TIFF images

12. Make tiff background transparent in PM5