Column break

Post by Dominic Battr » Tue, 02 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi.

How can I solve this problem:

I have a text that contains standard text and headlines. The problem is that
sometimes the last line of a column is a headline and the "normal" text
continues in the next column (I use textboxes). The headline should apear in
the second column.

The problem arises as the text and headline have different styles (floating
text and title).

---
Dominic Battr

www.battre.de

Column break

Post by Gordon Woo » Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:00:00

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 20:06:17 +0100, "Dominic Battr"

>I have a text that contains standard text and headlines. The problem is that
>sometimes the last line of a column is a headline and the "normal" text
>continues in the next column (I use textboxes). The headline should apear in
>the second column.

The easiest setting, which may solve your problem, is to give the
headline style a setting of "Keep with next" and the minimum number of
lines you want to ensure are placed after a heading..

You could also look at the "Column break before" setting, which will
move the heading to the next text frame.

Gordon Woolf, The Worsley Press, Hastings, Vic., Australia
--- Book publishers and sub-contract newspaper page production ---
Our books (and PageMaker hints): www.worsleypress.com
Our Format newsletter: www.worsleypress.com/format.htm
(for those who produce newspapers, magazines, newsletters)