??? Importing Corel Document ???

Post by Tony LaPas » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi everyone.

I've been using PM5 for page layout work and CorelDraw! v4.0 for
graphic drawings.  I would draw my graphics in Corel and do
a simple copy and paste into PM without ever saving the
Corel drawing to a file.  Once inside PM, I could double-click
on the pasted Corel drawing which would invoke Corel and
allow me to edit the drawing.  This allowed me to save disk space
because I did not save the Corel drawing to a file (from within
Corel) yet I was still able to edit the drawing from within PM.

Unfortunately, now that I've upgraded to PM v6.0 and CorelDraw! v6.0
all of my Corel v4.0 drawings come up as empty gray boxes in PM.

I would welcome any suggestions on how to get my graphics back.

My primary concern, however, is how I should transfer my Corel
drawings into PM in the future to avoid this problem.  I would
still like to be able to edit my Corel drawings from within PM
by double-clicking on the drawing.

Thanks very much!
--
+=======================================================+

| Motorola, Inc., Government and Space Technology Group |
| Scottsdale, Arizona, USA                              |
+=======================================================+

??? Importing Corel Document ???

Post by Lanny Chambe » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> I've been using PM5 for page layout work and CorelDraw! v4.0 for
> graphic drawings.  I would draw my graphics in Corel and do
> a simple copy and paste into PM without ever saving the
> Corel drawing to a file.  Once inside PM, I could double-click
> on the pasted Corel drawing which would invoke Corel and
> allow me to edit the drawing.  This allowed me to save disk space
> because I did not save the Corel drawing to a file (from within
> Corel) yet I was still able to edit the drawing from within PM.

> Unfortunately, now that I've upgraded to PM v6.0 and CorelDraw! v6.0
> all of my Corel v4.0 drawings come up as empty gray boxes in PM.

> I would welcome any suggestions on how to get my graphics back.

Looks like you'll have to reinstall PM5 (and CD4?) to save them from
within CD. If it were on a Mac, I'd say try CanOpener to rescue the
images, but I'm lost regarding PC utlities.

Quote:> My primary concern, however, is how I should transfer my Corel
> drawings into PM in the future to avoid this problem.  I would
> still like to be able to edit my Corel drawings from within PM
> by double-clicking on the drawing.

You should save the images as TIFF, EPS, or whatever, and *link* them to
PM by using the Place command, instead of pasting. The amount of disk
space used is essentially the same, since pasting bloats the PM document
by the size of the image. I never worry about editing images from within
PM, but isn't that what OLE is for?

Creative Services, St. Louis, USA
Visit the Hummingbird Page: <http://www.inlink.com/~creative/>

??? Importing Corel Document ???

Post by Anny » Mon, 17 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> > I've been using PM5 for page layout work and CorelDraw! v4.0 for
> > graphic drawings.  I would draw my graphics in Corel and do
> > a simple copy and paste into PM without ever saving the
> > Corel drawing to a file.  Once inside PM, I could double-click
> > on the pasted Corel drawing which would invoke Corel and
> > allow me to edit the drawing.  This allowed me to save disk space
> > because I did not save the Corel drawing to a file (from within
> > Corel) yet I was still able to edit the drawing from within PM.

> > Unfortunately, now that I've upgraded to PM v6.0 and CorelDraw! v6.0
> > all of my Corel v4.0 drawings come up as empty gray boxes in PM.

> > I would welcome any suggestions on how to get my graphics back.

> Looks like you'll have to reinstall PM5 (and CD4?) to save them from
> within CD. If it were on a Mac, I'd say try CanOpener to rescue the
> images, but I'm lost regarding PC utlities.

> > My primary concern, however, is how I should transfer my Corel
> > drawings into PM in the future to avoid this problem.  I would
> > still like to be able to edit my Corel drawings from within PM
> > by double-clicking on the drawing.

> You should save the images as TIFF, EPS, or whatever, and *link* them to
> PM by using the Place command, instead of pasting. The amount of disk
> space used is essentially the same, since pasting bloats the PM document
> by the size of the image. I never worry about editing images from within
> PM, but isn't that what OLE is for?

> Creative Services, St. Louis, USA
> Visit the Hummingbird Page: <http://www.inlink.com/~creative/>

Their is a new software programm that allows you to redraw your drawings
and gives you the possibillity to save them as a wfm file. These files
you can project them into PM5 or PM6. By double-clicking on the drawing
you will go back to Corel* and you be able to edit the drawing. I'm sorry
to say that you have to save the wmf file but its need a small fraction
of your harddisk instead of a tiff file. I hope you can do something with
my answer.

Good luck,
Anita

1. FREEHAND 5.0 Document renaming on import problem

Hi.
I have a customer who is using FREEHAND 5.0, when he opens a document
previously exported as an EPS/Freehand combined file it renames the window
(If document name is Flower.EPS, it changes it to Flower.EPS(Converted)-1)
supposidly to ensure you don't overwrite the existing file when it is
saved.

However for his application it is imperitive that it does overwrite the
existing file, because this file is used for other applications.

Question, is it possible to stop freehand from converting the filename
when it is importing/opening.

He does hundreds of these things a week, and one slipup can cause major
problems.

Thanks

--
Contact

2. glNormal meaning ??

3. Importing PS documents to Adobe Illustrator

4. how can you tell when an "OpenGL" card doesn't support Max in Open GL?

5. IGES to CGM translator

6. Importing PS documents to Adobe Illustrator?

7. Buffer for PaintBox

8. Importing Venturra documents

9. Question: Importing a PDF document into PageMaker (or Quark)

10. import long word documents

11. Help needed - mirror of imported document