"Solar" sign in gnuplot?

Post by Peter Weilbache » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:23:04

Hi,

I am using gnuplot to produce plots for Astronomy papers. Now I first
tried to plot something in "solar" units, where "solar" is denoted by a
circle with a dot in the middle (the \odot from LaTeX). Is that
possible somehow with gnuplot's enhanced PS terminal, or do I have to
use a LaTeX-like terminal (which I would not really like).

Greetings,
        Peter.

"Solar" sign in gnuplot?

Post by Hans-Bernhard Broeke » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:54:26

> Hi,
> I am using gnuplot to produce plots for Astronomy papers. Now I first
> tried to plot something in "solar" units, where "solar" is denoted by a
> circle with a dot in the middle (the \odot from LaTeX). Is that
> possible somehow with gnuplot's enhanced PS terminal, or do I have to
> use a LaTeX-like terminal (which I would not really like).

The capabilities of gnuplot in this area are dominated by those of the
output format. In the case at hand, this means that if you manage to
find some PostScript font with such a symbol in it (might be findable
in Symbol or DingBats...), and its code position, you can have gnuplot
generate it. Your plot may no longer output correctly on all
PostScript output devices, though, for lack of that particular font.

1. popen("gnuplot", "w")

On which non-unix platforms does the construct

 popen("gnuplot", "w")

work? (OS/2 -- yes, according to the faq, but also
Windows? Windows95? Windows NT? Mac? other platforms?)

Are there platforms where the construct

 system("gnuplot file.gpt");

does NOT work?
--
Edzer

2. Problems using WGL extensions

3. ****"""""BUG IN PROGRAM"""*****

4. outdoor 3d engines

5. Showcase: minus sign in "fun fonts"

6. Contour Generation

7. Adding a "SOLD" sign

8. import 3ds in lightwave5

9. using the "@" sign from german keyboard

10. """"LOOKING FOR METRAEYES MODELLER AND TURBO.PXP FOR AN EXCHANGE"""""

11. position of "title" in gnuplot

12. "Vector" command in Gnuplot

13. sometimes my gnuplot does not understand "\"