Dual Plot on one diagram

Post by Kuan Zho » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 04:39:59

Hi,
   I am drawing two plots in one diagram. The problem is the yrange
is not the same for these two groups of data.So I need two different
y axises(left and right).But I can't get it work.Can anyone tell me how to
deal with it?

   Thank you very much!

sincerely
-------------
Kuan Zhou
ECSE department

Dual Plot on one diagram

Post by Ethan Merri » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 05:02:35

Quote:>Hi,
>   I am drawing two plots in one diagram. The problem is the yrange
>is not the same for these two groups of data.So I need two different
>y axises(left and right).But I can't get it work.Can anyone tell me how to
>deal with it?

The second y axis is called "y2". It is disabled by default.
You must turn it on and then specify in the plot command to use it.
You may or may not want to explicitly give an axis range for it.
See 'help plot axes'

Example:

set y2tics      # turn on y2 axis labels
#
# Use the default axes (x1 and y1) for the first plot
# second plot uses y2 axis but the same x axis
#
plot 'file1' using 1:2, 'file2' using 1:3 axes x1y2

--
Ethan A Merritt

1. Plotting two scale styles in one diagram??

I want to plot two scale in one diagram. For example, I want to
plot temperature and pressure variations along the x-direction.
These two physical quantities use extremely different scale in
plot. How can I do to make it??

--
(PS:Please mail me your answer as well. Thanks.)

Sincerely,

Danny Lin
Earth Science Dept.,National Cheng Kung Univ.
Tainan,TAIWAN

2. LightWave Probbs!!!

3. Plot two diagrams in one window

4. Big differecne between 6 and 6b?

5. plotting 2 timeseries data files on one plot with pre3.6/pl273

6. Movie Models is only for PC not Mac

7. plotting two files in one plot?

8. Where can I find FASTPOV?

9. Need package for plotting polar diagrams.

10. plot chromacity diagram?

11. How to plot Bode-diagrams

12. plotting ternary diagram