PostScript terminal: additional information

PostScript terminal: additional information

Post by Mauro Copell » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

About my previous message, I forgot to say that I'm using

        G N U P L O T
        Unix version 3.7
        patchlevel 0
        last modified Thu Jan 14 19:34:53 BST 1999

        Copyright(C) 1986 - 1993, 1998, 1999
        Thomas Williams, Colin Kelley and many others

I hope someone here can help me out...

All the best,

--

UCSD   -   Dept. Chemistry & Biochemistry, 0340
9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0340, USA

1. PostScript stackoverflow from `set terminal postscript' output

I think many of us will have encountered the PostScript `stackoverflow'
error message from gnuplot PostScript output produced after the `set
terminal postscript' command when it is sent to the printer. Level 2
PostScript has a limit of about 4000 stack items. It would be nice if
gnuplot bundled its PostScript output in smaller chunks, but one could
argue that such voluminous output isn't really worth expressing as
PostScript anyway. A work-around is to use an image format for output
- e.g. `set terminal png' to produce Portable Network Graphic output.

I wonder, though, if I've missed something? I'm using gnuplout 3.7.1.

the most recent name I've seen given as the maintainer of the Gnuplot
FAQ.

John A. Murdie
Department of Computer Science
University of York
England

2. Looking for professional screen saver creating program !

3. Request for additional information

4. Mac's Remove White filter

5. Problem: Creating new node + passing additional information in constructor

6. Trouble Running Animator Studio R1.1 under Win95

7. information about the terminals

8. CYMK %'s for Exotic colors

9. line style on postscript terminal

10. changing the color of some text with postscript terminal

11. Tilde over italic E in enhanced postscript terminal

12. using colors on postscript terminal

13. postscript terminal